Would lipo on my abdominal/back/flanks give me more butt definition without a BBL? (photos)

I feel like my butt is big enough but I would like to improve the back to butt slope a little, would lipo be enough or should I consider a fat transfer to the top of my butt? I want a little more projection on the top of my butt, but not extreme. I'm 5'5" 175lbs

(BBL) Brazilian butt lift, fat transfer, liposuction

Thanks for your query. From your pictures it appears that liposuction could help to remove some fat from the abdominal, flanks and trochanteric areas and this fat can be used to enhance the buttock area. I feel you would benefit from both liposuction and BBL.

With best wishes,

Dr Alexander

India Plastic Surgeon

Would lipo on abdominal/back/flanks give more butt definition without a BBL?

Part of the answer depends on the view you're evaluating. From the back you would certainly see liposuction enhancing from the appearance of the buttocks. However from the side or angled view, not so much. You're going to have fat harvested in the liposuction procedure, so this would be the best time to enhance the projection from the side or angled view using BBL.

Would lipo on my abdominal/back/flanks give me more butt definition without a BBL?

Greetings Thank you for your question and photos from my evaluation i recommed fat transfer  which results in youthful, prominent and optimal natural looking.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Lipo without BBL

Sorry I missed your question last week.   Lipo alone will definitely improve the apparent contour of the buttocks.  Please see attached web reference.  BBL would further enhance, but is not required.  Good luck!

Body Contouring

Thank you for your question. Contouring areas such as the flanks and abdomen can accentuate the appearance of the buttocks but if butt augmentation is your goal I would discuss that at your consultation to determine the ideal treatment route.

Leonard Lu, MD

BBL

Some fat removal in the areas you described with some fat injection into the buttocks can make a big difference for some. Best of luck

Full Body lipo candidate

Thank you for sharing your photos. You are a good candidate for a full cody lipo and bbl. I recommend you to have an evaluation with a certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck

Rafael Lluberes Freites, MD

Fat injections do augment the buttocks, but I believe that the majority of the contour improvement occurs from the liposuctioning part of the procedure. It certainly wouldn't be a problem to add some fat to improve the shape and projection of your buttocks, but I see too many patients who get over injected with volume increasing the likelihood of complications.

Liposuction without a BBL?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Yes, I think liposuction of your back will give you the shape and improvement you want.
  • At your consultation, discuss with your surgeon whether some of the fat should be injected.
  • In  the photos, it seems not but it's good to be sure.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS