Why do my armpits smell so bad after lipo?

I had stomach, chest and back lipo 5 weeks ago. I noticed just a few hours on the same day after surgery that my armpits reeked. The day after surgery I showered and used deodorant. Same issue. My condition lasted about three weeks after surgery and went away. I noticed about a week ago the odor has come back. I'm 47 years old and have never had this issue before. I did not have any incisions in my armpits. I'm not on meds. Any idea as to what might be going on is appreciated.

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling, Smell -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Hormones change after liposuction this could be a factor, in general though, this shouldn't be something that is common after liposuction.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction changes nature of sweat

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.Presumably the hormonal changes from surgery and the medicines you were given affected the nature of your sweat. There are many such changes that we cannot fully explain. Yours is one of them. I would expect it to go away over the next five months. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS