Will Laser Skin Tighten (Ultherapy) Help My Abdomen After Kids? (Photo)

Hello, I’m almost to my ideal weight but my stomach keeps looking worse. I have this wrinkle skin above my belly button and under. I'm 5'7 133 lbs. Seems like the more weight I lose the worse my stomach is looking. Help me plz. I have a lot of loose skin in that area is there anything that I can do to tighten it without having to do tummy tuck?

Ways To Tighten Loose Abdominal Skin After Kids

Hi Vicky. Ultherapy is not a laser. It actually uses Ultrasound energy to stimulate collagen production and tighten loose skin. It is FDA approved for use on the face, neck and chest. Using it on the abdomen is an "off-label" use, but can be beneficial in the appropriate patients. In your case, you would need multiple treatments and even then the result would be subtle. You may want to look into a treatment called ThermiTight. I use this on the abdomen with much better results than Ultherapy. Hope this helps answer your question.

Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Ultherapy for skin tightening

You will likely see an immediate benefit but once that initial swelling wears off, you may find the results too subtle with Ultherapy. I recommend it as a great treatment if you are prepared to repeat it several times to get a meaningful result. Results do of course vary and as you repeat the procedure you will see greater yields each time. Financially that may not be the efficient solution you're after.

Roberta Lucas, MD
White River Junction Dermatologic Surgeon

#Ultherapy for excess skin laxity near unmbilicus after childbirth

This is an off lable use for Ultherapy and I believe the result will not be appreciable given the amount of laxity that you are demonstrating in this area. Best to see a surgeon who does body contouring. 

Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Ulthera for abdomen

Using Ulthera on the abdomen has not been approved as yet.  However it has been done and some patients have had good results.  As with Ulthera on the face/neck, it is uncomfortable.  May need one to two treatments to see the improvement.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon