How did Kylie Jenner enhance her hips and bum? (photos)

You can clearly see that her butt & definitley her hips have been enhanced. I want to know through what methods is this achieved? I know theres fat transfer, however she has always been on the thin side, & she also has no liposuction scars. Is there some secret method celebrities are using?

Kile Jenner

She must have had both a silicone implant (placed centrally) and fillers laterally. She obviously has not fat so this could not be an option. If she did put fillers, hopefully she did not use permanent filllers which will spit out usually after 5 years and create horrible ulcers/wounds/scarring.

Kylie Jenner Buttocks Augmentation

Thank you for your inquiry. Looks as though she received buttocks implants. If this is a look you want, be sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in buttocks augmentation surgery.

Buttock implants

A combination of buttock implants and fat transfer is the way to get this result.  In her lips, I would assume Juvederm.  This is always the best option for the lips in my opinion.  Be sure to choose a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in buttock augmentation and has an extensive photo gallery. 

How celebrities enlarge hips and buttocks

Whether or not Kylie jenner has had illegal permanent buttock fillers, these are currently the way most celebrities are said to be enlarging their hips and buttocks. Problem - these fillers are illegal because they are dangerout and cause inflammation, pain, hardening of tissues and often chronic infection - a problem that is impossible to treat. If someone suggests this to you, please say 'no'.

Thinner Patients and Buttocks Enhancement

Dear ALovee,

Thank you for your question.  Butt augmentation has always been focused on individuals that have ample fat for transfer after liposuction.  Thinner patients certainly have an option to improve their buttocks shape.  Typically this is done through the use of buttock implants. The buttocks implants are a semi-solid medical silicone that unlike silicone breast implants have no chance of rupturing/leaking.  Sometime thoughtfully placed fat grafts can be used in addition to the implants.  I don't know what Kylie Jenner had done but do to her thin body type buttock implants would be the most appropriate way to improve her buttocks shape

Buttock/hip enhancement options

In short, a combination of sculpting your waistline with liposuction and augmenting your buttock with implants provides the best chance for a long lasting "hour-glass" figure. Please read on for more surgical details:

Regarding buttock/hip augmentation surgery, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients, domestic and international,  per week that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12+ months) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock and/or hip implants). 
Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are options but what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection and long-term results. 
Indeed because at least 80+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you purposely gain weight (i.e. fat) for the procedure, the fat you lose first as you get back to your baseline weight is that very same fat that was transferred into your buttock...so don't fall victim to this recommendation. Even those patients that had adequate amounts of fat pre-operatively, still end up seeking buttock implants after a year or so because most of the fat transferred melted away leaving them with minimal result.

Although overall using your own fat is relatively safe, it not infrequently melts away unevenly leaving one butt cheek bigger than the other or with dimpling or hard fat cysts.  The one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This is even more likely to happen when using fillers like liquid silicone, PMMA, Sculptra, and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high infection rate, guaranteed tendency to migrate away from the original area they were injected, and almost always stimulate a lot of inflammation with a subsequent and disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening.
Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock/hip augmentation (at least in my practice). To avoid high risk of healing problems with the central single incision, I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a 1 1/2 inch long incision along the inner curve of each upper buttock cheek at the level of the tailbone, similar to two opposing parentheses ")(" (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within (muscle thickness permitting) the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is much less palpable & visible (ie feeling and looking like an Olympic sprinter's butt), and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle or "subfascial". On the other hand, hip implants are placed under just the fascia because no significant muscle exists in this region. However, because they are much smaller and lighter, their likelihood of migration is relatively low. Because all of this, it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure so that the implant placement is precise for both locations. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to

Ryan Stanton, MD