I have dimples and also striations on my butt - worsened after BBL. Am I a candidate for Cellfina? (Photos)

I had a BBL 5 weeks ago, and it seems like it made my "cellulite" (if that is what it is) a lot worse. Can Cellfina help this (including the striations)? Or, does it just help dimples? I assume it's safe to do after a BBL since no fat was put in the superficial layer. Also, is the cost really $4-6k? I just spent $10k already for a 5 hour BBL under general. $4k seems quite high. Last, there is no mention of men anywhere in Cellfina's literature. Is it approved for men?

Cellfina may compliment BBL results

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. From what I can see from your photos, it appears to me that you did have some dimple type cellulite before your BBL that now appears more prominent. This could happen as a result of filling and expanding the tissues surrounding the dimples while the dimpled areas remain resistant to expanding because of the tethering connective tissue bands. I believe that Cellfina can be complimentary to some BBL procedures, by releasing these tethering bands and allowing equivalent expansion of the dimpled areas of skin. Ideally the Cellfina procedure would be performed 4-6 weeks prior to the BBL procedure to allow release of the bands followed by filling of the previously dimpled area as well as tissue regeneration with minimal scar formation through the effects of the grafted stem cells. Cellfina treatment should still improve true dimple cellulite even after a BBL, however I do agree that you should allow 3-6 months for complete recovery and then be reassessed by a qualified and experienced surgeon who performs both of these procedures. Cellfina is approved for treatment of men or women with the proper indication. It is most effective for true dimple type cellulite and will most likely not improve your striations. The market price in the region in which i practice is in the $4-6k range.

Good luck.

Dr. Polo

Cellfina and Post BBL Dimpling

If you are deemed a candidate, you may benefit from #Cellfina. Cellfina is the newest, most effective FDA approved technology available for treating cellulite. This one-time, minimally invasive procedure takes only 45 minutes to perform, but the results last for a minimum of two years. #Cellfina has the longest lasting results of any current #cellulite treatment. Its approval rate is over 93% here on RealSelf.

Used on #moderate to #severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance. Seek more information or learn if you are candidate for #Cellfina by consulting in-person with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Cellfina can be used to treat cellulite in men

Using Cellfina to help in areas of dimpling and previous scarring is effective.  In these cases I have done fat grafting as well to help fill these areas.

Candidate for Cellfina

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellfina for Treatment of Cellulite

Cellfina is a great way for patients to smooth away their cellulite. This procedure is not gender specific. The technology of the Cellfina System involves releasing the tethering bands underneath the skin that cause dimpling. As a BBL can make cellulite more noticeable in some patients due to the increase in volume, Cellfina can be a complementary procedure. Cellfina works best on dimpled cellulite. Unfortunately, it would not help with striations. The total cost of Cellfina depends on the number of treatment areas, but the typical range is between $3,500 and $5,000. Consult a board-certified plastic surgeon near you to determine if you would be a good candidate. Good luck!

Cellfina for Cellulite Reduction

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a candidate for Cellfina which can help improve the appearance of cellulite for at least 2 years-the longest duration cleared by the FDA. I would recommend an in person consultation with an experienced Cellfina provider to discuss your goals and candidacy. Best wishes. 

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Candidate for Cellfina?

The increased projection of your buttocks following BBL may be why your cellulite appears more prominent now. I think it is reasonable to wait ~ 3 months from your BBL treatment, then obtain an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in Cellfina. They can examine you and discuss treatment options to help you, including perhaps, Cellfina.

Dimples and striations after BBL

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to see some irregularities after a BBL, however since its been only 5 weeks it is too early to determine what you would need next. I would wait a few months to determine if cellfina is the right treatment for you. As of now it appears like you have some dimples which cellfina will help but cellfina will not help with the striations. Consult with your board-certified plastic surgeon about your concerns. 

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

Board-certified plastic surgeon

Cellfina after BBL

Thank you for posting your pictures. I will wait at least 3 months before any other procedures. What you have is most likely contour irregularities from the fat grafting which is not uncommon. Cellfina is good to release bands that are pulling on the dermis, which is what happens with cellulite. The fact that your dents appeared after the BBL tells me cellfina is less likely to work in your case. There are other options you can try such as Sculptra injections. I have multiple modalities in my practice to treat cellulite, including Cellfina. I think Cellfina is a great procedure, but I do not think it is the best for your problem. Hope this was helpful. Good luck!