I had a BBL done 5 weeks ago. How long do I have to wait to do Cellfina?

Will cellfina affect my bbl results? How long do I have to wait to do cellfina after a bbl? What is the recovery like for cellfina? Lots of brusing? Down time? Can you fly home a day after treatment (2 hour flight) do you have to wear a compression garment? Can you excercise a few days after the treatment? Is it very painful?

Cellfina and BBL

I have done Cellfina in combination with other procedures such as liposuction, but not the  two procedures in the same area. If you have had a BBL in the past few weeks then you might want to wait a few more weeks to have the Cellfina done so that the swelling form the fat injections does not distort the appearance of the cellulite in the buttock area, it just depends on how much swelling you have from the BBL . The recovery time for Cellfina is related to soreness. Most of my patients go back to work the next day or the day after. There can be bruising or swelling for several weeks after, it just depends on the person. I have patients wear Spanx for 2-3 weeks after the surgery and have them avoid strenuous lower body exercise for 2 weeks after the procedure. I have patients who drive themselves home after the surgery with no problem and some of them have flown home the next day with no problem.

Thank you for your question.  Cellfina will not be affected by BBL.  Recovery for Cellfina is relatively mild with leakage of tumescent anesthesia over the first day or two, you should be prepared with a compression garment and will be supplied absorbent pads.  Bruising is present but typically not painful.  Everyones bruises heal differently - we have seen some that resolve within a week and others lasting a month.  I do not think you would want to fly home after the procedure due to all of the leakage of fluid.  Exercise is not recommended for a month after the procedure, however we tell our patients they can exercise as tolerated, as it is more an uncomfortable issue than affect the outcome of the procedure issue.  Typically, Cellfina is a very comfortable procedure once you are sufficiently anesthetized.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina questions

Cellfina should not affect your BBL results. In fact, they can be done at the same time. Recovery after Cellfina involves some soreness and drainage for 24-48 hours, mild bruising with no real down time. You should be able to comfortably fly 2-3 days afterwards. We have patients wear a compression garment for ~ 3 weeks afterwards. They can exercise several days after treatment.

WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER THE CELLFINA™ TREATMENT Patients are able to resume their day after leaving our office, but we do recommend taking it easy for up to 24 hours. Some people experience soreness, tenderness, and bruising in the area treated. Over the counter pain medication can be taken to relieve symptoms. Yes you can fly and resume most activities.  There is mild bruising. Arnica gel can help.  We use additional energy sources  Cellfina Platinum to get the best result with least swelling

Cellfina before or after other treatments

Cellfina is mostly a stand along procedure, specifically for the purpose of releasing cellulite tethers.  It can be done at the same time as other procedures are done elsewhere on the body. The only limitation could be where one would reach a maximum allowable amount of total anesthetic in one visit.   There is quite a bit of leakage of tumescent anesthesia for the first 24-48 hours so we send people home with absorbant chuck pads and a compression garment of some sort.  Don't think you would want to be flying home right after this procedure but you would be find by next day or two.  There is not a lot of swelling but be prepared for two weeks of fairly dramatic but only mildy uncomfortable bruising.  Compression for a couple of weeks is important, but exercise as tolerated is fine.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina should not cause an issue BBL but it can be done at the same time. I pre for to do them at the same. From Cellfina there is drainage for up to 36 hours depending on the number of areas treated.

Cellfina candidate or not after BBL

I do cellfina on the same day as BBLs. I suggest asking your physician when he would considering letting you do this now that he did not do it on the same day as surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cellfina Produces Improvement in Cellulite That Lasts!

Hello and thank-you for your question!

I would wait  at least 3 months following your BBL prior to having Cellfina.  Our patients report some drainage for 24 hour and soreness for 2-3 days. You may want to give it 2-3 days before your flight. You canexercise normally after 3-4 days.  Ourpatients are advised to wear a suoorticve garment for 3 weeks.  I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Best regards,

Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

If you are looking at having Cellfina on the areas where you were fat grafted, then you should probable wait until all of the post-surgical swelling has resolved. That could take as long as 6-8 weeks. 
Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!
There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite, Vaser Smooth, Thermi RF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Cellulaze, Subcision, Dimpling

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute