Do most doctors take photos before Botox treatment?

I recently switched physicians because I moved. My previous doc would taken pictures of me before Botox and at my follow up appointment. The new one does not. Is it common to take photos? Should I be concerned about the second doctor's practice?

Photos Before Treatments

It is very common for injectors to take photos before and after each treatment in order to assess improvement after injections. Since Botox affects muscle movement and appearance of fine lines, it is nice to have pictures in order to discern if the treatment was effective or not. It is certainly not a requirement for photos to be taken and an experienced injector will be able to evaluate results regardless. Be sure your new doctor is well qualified and is experienced with Botox injections. Best of luck!

Before and Adter Photos

Every physician is different. Before and after photos are very valuable as it allows the patient to track their progress. Also, it is very helpful if any other problems should arise.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox Before & After Pictures

Each provider is different. I believe before and after photos are very valuable, it is always nice to show patients their before and after pictures. But each provider is different, does not mean they are doing it wrong, this would just be a common practice for that provider.

Before and After Photos

Before and After photos are valuable tools for physicians.  It is best practice but each physician practices differently.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox Pictures

Different doctors have different practices. I like to take before and after pictures with each treatment because it lets patients track their progress and see their results. It's also helpful should any other issues arise.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question. It is industry-standard practice to take before and after photos to review patients' progress. Please always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Before & After Botox Photos

Dear acuriouspatient:  Photo taking varies from practice to practice.  If you are in good hands, you should not be concerned.  In my practice, I always take before and after photos to illustrate treatment outcomes to my patients.  It serves as a great reference tool.  Hope this information helps.

Pictures with Botox injections

It depends on the doctor, but I take pictures with all treatments. If there is any question about results or side effects, they are very useful to have. I use TouchMD which allows patients to see their own photos online too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Before and After Photos

Thank you for your question. I like to take photos before and after to explain the purpose and then show the results if the patients are able to come back. Some physicians do not for that reason or others. Should not be a concern unless you really want to see before and after photos. Hope this helps.

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Botox Photos

This is a very subjective area.   In our practice, photos are taken of all new Botox patients, but follow up photos are  rare, simply because many patients don't see the need to return until the Botox effects have worn off. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon