Breast augmentation incision puckering, 8 days post op. Is this normal? (Photos)

I had breast augmentation surgery 8 days ago and today they removed my strips. The scar looks bad to me, as if its pluckering or "sticking out", as if the skin is folded. I asked the nurse and she said its fine. Will this go away and will the scar be flatten out with time? Is there something wrong? Is there something I can do? This is my second time getting a breast augmentation, first time was 3 years ago. Got another augmentation to get bigger implants (from 230 cc to 430 cc now)

Scars after breast augmentation

Your scars appear to be completely within normal limits.  The puckering you see is normal and should flatten within 3 months.  Best wishes. 

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

8 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 
Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Incision after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and pictures.It appears that your incision is healing well. Sometimes, there is puckering or wrinkling in the incision line, and this tends to settle and flatten over time, like 3 to 6 months. Once you are cleared to perform scar massage by your surgeon, I'd recommend doing it to reduce scar tissue and enhance the appearance of the scar. Best of luck to you...

Breast augmentation 8 days ago

Thank you for the question and pictures.     Your incisions should heal well,   you are very early post op it will take 3-6 months for you to appreciate a final result.     Good Luck

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation incision puckering, 8 days post op. Is this normal?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  This puckering of your incision will flatten with time as the stitches begin to dissolve and the skin starts to stretch.  I am attaching a link below with information you may find useful, but for now follow along closely with your surgeon to ensure you go on to heal without difficulty.  Hope this helps.

Your incisions look okay and should flatten out with time. It may take several months for the scars to completely heal.

Breast incision

You are very early in the post-op period. The incision will likely soften as the internal sutures dissolve.

Incisions are typically always raised and bunched initially. With time, they fade and flatten. Just allow your body to heal and when your operating surgeon allows, you may want to try a scar gel or silicone sheet to improve the scar appearance even more. 

Breast incisions

Your incision does look a little more puckered than usual, but it is very early and bet this will all settle out with time. Follow your surgeons scar care instructions. Good luck.