Can I go bra less for one night 3 weeks after breast lift with augmentation.

Husband and i are going out and the clothes id like to wear does not allows me to wear the surgical bra i'm wearing 24/7,can i go with out a bra for like 4 or 5 hours is been 3 weeks and everything looks find at the moment,breast have not drop yet duh,they look the same they did after surgery.Thank you

Braless after breast lift

If I did your surgery, I would let you go braless after 3 weeks. I usually tell patients to wear a bra if its more comfortable for them to have some support. If they feel perfectly comfortable without a bra, then from my standpoint they dont need to wear one.Paul Wigoda

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Going without a bra after breast lift and Augmentation

I would definitely consider it reasonable to enjoy yourself out for an evening without your bra. At this point, I have my patients sleep without a bra if that's what they prefer. At six weeks, almost anything goes. We all have different ideas on this, and the most important thing for you is to contact your own plastic surgeon and understand what the expectations are for you wearing a bra at this point.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

No bra

While in my practice, that would be fine in MOST patients it would not necessarily apply to ALL. Best to check with your surgeon as she/he knows the specifics of your case best.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Seems you have had multiple postop questions that your chosen surgeon really needs to answer. From my perspective you are OK to go bra less, But I did not do your surgery..

Going braless for one night after breast lift with implants

It's always best to check what your surgeon's protocol is. I advise my patients that after two weeks they can wear whatever they wish or no bra for up to eight hours each day. They are wearing the bra this way for an additional month. Hope this information helps and have a great evening. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." 

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon