Hoping to go from a 32a to a 'C-D' with 390cc? (Photos)

16 sleeps until I have a breast lift and implants. I know that a cup size can't really be picked but I'm hoping to reach a "D cup" Having round hp textured silicone implants put in... 390cc's Height: 169cm (approx 5ft 7) Weight: 46-48kg very petite frame Bra size: 10a (32a) Breast width: 11cm

Cup Size

Hi there KVM and thanks for posting.Predicting cup size is one of the most challenging parts of breast augmentation, and not an ideal endpoint for which to judge your outcome.There are three things you need to consider.1. Your chest is only a certain dimension, so it will only be able to fit a certain dimension of implant before it looks unnatural and fake.2. Cup size is not a scientific measure. One manufacturers D is another's C and another's E. I see the occasional patient who is delighted with their outcome until they get fitted with a bra and find that it is not the right letter. 3. The size of your new breasts are not just about volume but also about projection.To summerise, if you are happy to look a bit unnatural, then go for a round implant. I doubt very much that you will get to a C and certainly not a D with a 390cc round implant, so if that is important to you then you need to reconsider your surgical aims.You have quite a narrow chest, so the biggest possible implant you will be able to use and still be as natural as possible, will probably be an anatomic implant. With shaped implants you can achieve more breast projection without as much upper pole projection.As others have said, implant choice is very personal and needs to be done in conjunction with your plastic surgeon. I strongly suggest you make another appointment to see your surgeon to discuss this further.
Best wishes
Richard

Trying on sizers is helpful to visualize the after result

I have added a link that might be helpful... 

Hi.  Thank you for sharing photos.  While the volume is important, the projection of the implant is equally important-the higher the projection, the more a bra cup will be filled out. As you don't appear to have much breast tissue, a full projection implant will be advantageous.  A 390 cc volume sounds low to reach a D cup-trying on a sizer is the best way to visualize your after volume.  RE-consult with your PS to help make sure you get the look you want.  Best wishes,

Best breast implants for me; breast augmentation/lifting surgery…

Thank you for the question.  There are many variables involved when it comes to size concerns, especially with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. 
 Generally speaking, there are limits as to how large of a breast implant can be utilized safely during the procedure.  Remember, that during breast lifting surgery, some skin is removed, thereby limiting the "space" available for breast implants.  On the one hand, breast augmentation surgery is expanding the breast skin “envelope” while breast lifting is (by definition) tightening up the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other. Therefore, it becomes important to remove the appropriate amount of breast skin and to use the appropriate size/profile of breast implants to balance these 2 forces appropriately and to allow for achievement of the patient's goals while minimizing risks of complications. 

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon (and your ongoing concerns), I would suggest that you schedule additional time to spend with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. Sometimes, it is necessary to seek several consultations before you feel comfortable about your choice.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful.  For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, best not to discuss your goals and/or judge the outcome of the procedure performed based on achieving a specific cup size. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during the communication process. The use of in bra sizers may also be helpful. In other words, use as many “visual aids” as possible during the communication process. I encourage patients to meet with me as my times as necessary, to feel comfortable that we are both on the “same page”.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. I generally select appropriate breast implant size/profile after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers and viewing the patient's chest in the upright and supine positions.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation/lifting surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Hoping to go from a 32a to a 'C-D' with 390cc?

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want instead of a specific cup size or implant size. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS