How often after the BBL would do you have to get up and walk to avoid blood clots??

Recovery after BBL

I recommend that my patients get out of bed and walk around immediately after surgery to prevent blood clots. We recommend that you have a friend or family member assist you for the first few days. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery 

I recommend to my patients to get up 5-6x per day and walk to the kitchen and or bathroom and also to pump their feet while laying or sitting. The risk for a blood clot is increased for 2 weeks post op. I ask my patient not to put pressure on their buttocks for 10 days. 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I always recommend my patients to move and walk after lipo and bbl, is always good, and the less you're sitting. the better your buttock looks 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Avoiding Blood Clots After BBL

Post operative instructions will vary between plastic surgeons. You should follow the instructions of your plastic surgeon. In my practice, I advise my patients to walk (with assistance as needed) every hour for at least 5 to 10 minutes with calf exercises in between the walks. After the first 24 to 48 hours, they should be up and walking even more often than that to help with circulation and to reduce the risk of blood clots.  Ask your plastic surgeon for specific walking instructions for you as s/he should know all of your risk factors for blood clots. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz