Can a 15 year old get Botox injections for under arm sweating?

I think I have Hyperhidrosis and none of the antiperspirants or medications my doctor has prescribed work for me.

Underarm Botox for excessive sweating in a 15 year old.

As others have indicated, because you are underage you would need to have a parent with you to listen to the consultation and offer consent on your behalf.  Botox injections usually result in dry underarms for 6 months and are relatively painless if topical anesthetic cream is applied before the procedure.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Injections for Arm Sweating

Botox injections work extremely well for hyperhidrosis or sweating under the arms.  Since you are 15 years old please consult your parents for their consent on the subject.

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox for under arm sweating (hyperhidrosis) in a 15 year old

Dear liviaxo:

Yes, technically, a 15 year old can receive Botox for under arm sweating. 

You are a minor and will have to follow the laws of your state regarding consent. If you desire to use your insurance to cover the cost of Botox, you will also need to follow the requirements of your medical contract. 

Obtain consultation from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist who provides this service for your best evaluation and response.

All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Dear livi,
Thank you for your question. While Botox has not been tested for the treatment of hyperhydrosis in adolescents, it is a very effective treatment for this problem that has been extensively used  for those over 18. Botox has been shown to be effective to treat other problems in young people (nerve spasm disorders, etc) and is safe. There is no reason why Botox should not be used to treat hyperhydrosis in the young man or woman and should last for 6 months or so. Be sure and seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist (or a certified injector under their direct supervision) and have yopur parents accompany you to your consdultation. Good luck.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Yes. You can have underarm Botox treatment for excessive sweating as long as you are otherwise a good candidate for the procedure. Due to your age, your parents will need to provide their consent for the procedure. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, BOTOX is safe for underarm sweating

Yes, 
in fact BOTOX is used in children much younger for muscular disorders and dystonia. 15 years old is no problem. 

In this age group I normally occlude the underarm with a numbing gel 1 hour before- makes the procedure almost painless. In Australia, this treatment is subsidised heavily by Medicare providing it is performed under a Dermatologist. 

All the best, more on how quickly the procedure is done in the video below. 
Dr Davin Lim
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Botox for under arm sweating

Thank you for your question.  Botox can be a very effective treatment for underarm sweating.  You would need to have parental consent to try this treatment.  I would recommend going to visit a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with your parents to discuss this further.  You may want to also consider miraDry which would provide you a much longer lasting result.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Botox for 15 year-old patient

As long as the patient and their guardian agrees to it, and understands what is involved with the treatment, there is no safety issue for treating this age. It is very effective and safe in trained hands, e.g. a dermatologist.

Benjamin Barankin, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for excessive sweating

I would suggest you and a parent/guardian, seek consultation with a plastic surgeon to evaluate your concerns. Botox is an effective treatment for hyperhydrosis.
Good luck.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Botox for sweating

Absolutely, you could get Botox for excessive sweating. It should last anywhere from 3 months to a year. You can expect results starting a few days following your procedure, with the maximum effect at two weeks. All of my patients for this procedure have been SUPER happy with the result. Good luck!

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon