Is it ok to exercise right before getting lip injections with Juvederm?

Exercising before getting lip injections

Yes, it is okay to exercise before getting lip injections. However, it is advised that you should not exercise immediately after for 12-24 hours.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

OK to exercise prior to receiving lip injections?

I prefer patients to exercise prior to injections as opposed to immediately after although exercise may increase blood flow and blood pressure temporarily it usually returns to normal in a short period of time.  Following injections I prefer that patients wait twenty four hours before engaging in strenuous exercise to minimize swelling.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Exercise before filler treatment

It is completely fine to exercise prior to your lip augmentation. However, you should refrain from exercise for a short period after treatment since this can lead to additional swelling. 

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it ok to exercise right before getting lip injections with Juvederm

It is perfectly safe to exercise before getting a filler. I would not do any exercising immediately after a filler though

Julio Garcia, MD

Exercise and Juvederm

Thanks for your question!  There is no problem with exercising right before your lip injections.  However, exercising after your injections can worsen your swelling.  Best of luck!

Exercise before lip injections

This should not  be a problem as long as your heart rate and blood pressure are back to normal.  Head lowered exercises after injection can cause additional swelling

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Exercise and Juvederm

I am ok with exercise before fillers. I usually tell patients to avoid it a day or two afterwards to allow it to settle in, in the lips it usually doesn't move very much.

Byron A. Long, MD
Marietta Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip injections and exercise

Good question!I see no contraindication to limit exercise prior to having your lip injected. I do recommend a strong topical for an hour prior and icing the area for about 15 minutes prior to procedure. Good luck 

Exercise and filler....

Thank you for your question.  There are thought to be no issues with exercise prior to filler.  If you are uncertain follow the advice of your injecting board certified Dermatologist/Plastic Surgeon.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm And Exercise

Thank you for your question. It is ok to exercise prior to injections of Juvederm or any filler. However, I recommend to my patients that they avoid exercise for 48 hours following injection to prevent increased swelling. This is particularly important for fillers around the eyes.

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician