How can you tell if you have an infection in your buttocks after a BBL procedure?

I had a BBL procedure done September 29th which will be 2 weeks on Thursday. Since I had this procedure done I've been experiencing throbbing on my top left cheek. It's not excruciating, and it's not red either.The discomfort comes and goes but what it really look like,like my plastic surgeon over injected that area on my cheek because it looked swollen more than the other cheek since the 1st day of surgery. My surgeon said that I was fine but to me it looks like a fat pocket or a fluid pocket

BBL

You really ought to have your plastic surgeon examine the area and possibly send you for an ultrasound to determine whether it is a seroma or hematoma. It may be an infection but signs that accompany infection are fever and redness/warmth of the skin. The best thing you can do is contact your surgeon again and discuss your concerns and symptoms to prevent any further complications from occurring. Best of luck in your recovery.

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... All the patients that have a brazlian butt lifts runs risks after this surgery, like fat rejection that can appear with no reason, and because of the body by itself. not the surgery. not the patient *in most of the cases*, is because the body simply rejects it, we never know if that will happen or not. We only know when start happening...

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

This could be an infection...it could be fat necrosis...it could be a hematoma...it could be a seroma...it could be nothing and just more volume was added there. Unfortunately, we cannot give you any real advice without at least seeing photos, but really doing a physical exam. Make sure you see your PS regularly to ensure that everything is okay.