SculpSure - what to do post treatment?

Can you get sun post treatment? How many days do you have to message the area for?

SculpSure post treatment care instructions

• Gently massage the area twice a day for 5-10 minutes. Massage should be continued until your next treatment or for 12 weeks if you have only one treatment.
  • You may resume your normal daily activities, including exercise, immediately after your SculpSure treatment.
  • Staying well hydrated and engaging in light physical activity helps mobilize the disrupted fat for processing through the lymphatic system. We encourage you to drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day and take a daily walk or continue your regular exercise routine.

I have taken these from my post care instructions sheet.  Hope this helps. Best, Dr.Avaliani

New York Physician

SculpSure Aftercare

It is recommended to avoid the sun (tanning in the area treated) for a week before and after the SculpSure treatment.  Outside those time periods there would be no problems being in the sun.  Regarding massage, 5 minutes twice a day for several weeks is recommended. Sometimes small clusters of fat can be palpated below the skin - the massage helps to avoid this occurrence or diminish the duration.  For optimal outcomes, proper hydration is recommended.

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure recovery/post treatment

Thank you for your question. There is no downtime after the SculpSure procedure. My patients are able to get back to work and their regular lives directly after. You can massage the area once a day for about a week. There are some patients that opt to massage their treatment area for a few more weeks because their body may take longer to get rid of the fat that has been detached. After your procedure, follow up with your doctor so that he or she can review your treatment are and give you the best advice according to your results.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Post op instructions after SculpSure

Massaging the treated area for 5-10 minutes several times a day will help the area settle down.  I would do this for 2-3 weeks.  Avoiding direct sunlight for about a week should be fine.  Otherwise there is no limitations on your activity.

Enjoy your result!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Post treatment care after SculpSure

It is possible that the treated area after a SculpSure treatment may be more sensitive, so I would recommend avoiding any direct sun exposure to that area for about a week after the treatment.  There is no exact time period that is recommended for the massage afterwards, but I would say 5-10 minutes, twice a day for a week should be fine.  If you were already treated, you may want to check with the physician who treated you to see if they have different guidelines.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure- Post Treatment

Getting sun post treatment is not a problem, don't forget your SPF!. Only if you feel nodules, which is completely normal - do we recommend massaging the area. If you happen to get the nodules after treatment, they will go away on their own. You can resume normal activity right away, you will experience a sore feeling, again is totally normal. Stay hydrated!

Dennis Gross, MD

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr Schwartz 

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Post SculpSure Treatment Tips

Some patients may experience temporary redness, tenderness, swelling, and tissue firmness on the treatment sites. Tenderness may last up to 2 weeks. Patients are encouraged to gently massage the area twice a day for 5 to 10 minutes and are able to use a cold compress and/or acetaminophen to help relieve any discomfort. Many people resume normal daily activities, including exercise immediately post-treatment. Physical activity with proper hydration helps mobilize fat via the lymphatic system, which promotes the elimination process of the dead fat cells.

Some tips on things to avoid include:

– Discontinue other pain medications before SculpSure treatments, because anti inflammatory medications (NSAIDS) like ibuprofen (Advil) can suppress the inflammatory response needed to disrupt the fat cells. 

– Refrain from getting other laser treatments like laser hair removal or laser skin tightening because your body might be absorbing too much energy from a variety of different laser treatments. A good rule of thumb is waiting 2 weeks in between any treatments. 

– Avoid direct sun exposure a few days before your treatment. Your skin might become sensitive from possible sun damage/sun burns that may not be aware of. This may affect how much discomfort you experience during your SculpSure treatment.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. Our patients of SculpSure are afforded the luxury to resume their normal activities, with the knowledge that drinking lots of water will expedite their recovery and results. We recommend patients avoid direct sun exposure on the treated area for up to a week. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure and Tanning

Great questions. You are to avoid tanning for 7 days before your treatment with SculpSure.  After your treatment, you can go out in the sun without a problem. During the first 10 days, post treatment, we recommend you massage the areas you had treated 2 times a day for about 5 minutes.  Drinking plenty of water also helps the body remove the fat cells.