Can Sculpsure and cool sculpting to be done in the same week on different areas?

I want to try sculpsure on my stomach and cool sculpting on love handles. Can I have both procedures done on the same day/ week? If not, what is recommended time between doing two procedures? Also what is recommended time between sculpsure treatments for the same area? Thank you

Definitely!

No reason why not.  As you rightfully note: different areas should be no problem.  It will just result in more fat gone.  You should write a post after your treatments comparing them.  I would be interested to hear your perspective.  Good luck!

Fat loss

Hello.  Yes, cool sculpting and sculpsure theoretically can be done in different areas at the same sitting.  I would caution you cool sculpting can result in "cookie-bite" fat loss where the frozen dead fat cells result in uneven fat loss, while sculpsure generally has resulted in more even fat loss.  I would consider doing one or the other only.  I hope it goes well!

Same day/week?

even the same time--if so, you will wonder why you did Cool Sculpting. 25 minutes vs. 60 minutes will show you. Look on You-Tube.

Both can be done

Both SculpSure and CoolSculpting can be performed the same day/week in different areas of the body.
No specific reason to wait on treatment in different areas

Multiple Fat Reduction Laser Treatments

CoolSculpting uses the process of freezing fat cells is called cryolipolysis (fat destruction through extreme cooling). The frozen fat cells eventually die, and as this process occurs, the body will naturally remove them. CoolSculpting is performed by pulling and sucking fat between two plates and then applying extreme cold to kill fat cells.

SculpSure is a procedure delivered by a laser system that will heat up fat cells, as opposed to the cooling in the CoolSculpting procedure. The process of heating fat cells is called thermolipolysis (fat destruction through extreme heat). The laser emulsifies fat cells, in simple terms, melting away the fatty cells in your body. After the fat cells are emulsified, they are released from tissue and naturally eliminated by the body.

I would recommend waiting a week in between treatments just to give your immune response a break from breaking down the destroyed fat cells in your body. The idea is to achieve the best results possible so by separating the the two treatments you are allowing your immune system to optimize the amount of energy it needs to recover from the fat reduction treatments. In general I usually recommend waiting about 2 weeks between laser treatments but because you will be treating different areas, you should be okay to do it the same day, should you decide to do so.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is a superior procedure to CoolSculpting. It is best to utilize SculpSure and SculpSure alone because SculpSure is the only FDA-approved weight loss laser that can eliminate up to 25% of that stubborn belly fat. While there is a recommended range between treatments, your board certified facial plastic surgeon will be able to provide you a much better estimate as to your proposed wait time. Keep in mind that the longer you wait between weight loss procedures, the potentially better the results you will find. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure sessions & cool sculpting after

Thank you for your question. Typically only one treatment is necessary for SculpSure, but if you want to go in for a 2nd session in the same treatment area, you can have one a month after. You can have SculpSure and Cool Sculpting done in the same time frame as long as they are in different areas. I would not suggest them being done in the same areas as it may affect your results since one uses heat and the other uses a freezing method.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure and CoolSculpting can be performed at the same time, but not on the same area of the body!

Both of these non invasive techniques removes, on average, 25% of the targeted fat.  As long as the same area is not being treated, you can have both areas treated at the same time/session.  You would need to wait about 8-12 weeks between sessions to have the same area treated again.  I am curious, why both methods?  Why not just choose one or the other?  I see no advantage to using these 2 different technologies.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Yes you can

Thank you for your question. Yes you can have both treatments in the same week. However I would opt for SculpSure as it has several advantages over cool sculpting such as: less procedure time (25 minutes per area versus 60 minutes), less post procedure pain and discomfort, more smooth edges around the edges of the treatment without a shelf-like appearance, and no need for massage afterwards. The results are equally the same with 25% fat loss and treated areas. finally, to treat the same area with SculpSure you need to wait at least six weeks. best of luck!

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician