What happens if I wear my Invisalign tray for 30 minutes less a day? (Photo)

I've been very good with wearing my Invisalign trays for 22 hours a day. I'm on my first tray out of 21 total trays and I have to wear them each for 2 weeks. Yesterday I wore it for abit less than 22 hours. I wore for 21.5 hours so half an hour less. Would it affect the treatment if I did that occasionally (say 6 times in that fortnight) so it's only a total 3 hours less altogether for that tray? Or does it have to be exact but the minute.

21.5 hours

If you are just on your first aligner and already investigating fewer hours of wear than recommended, how long each day will you be wearing each aligner in 6 months?
Stick with the prescribed length of wear! You run the risk of compromising your end result, and I am sure you don't want to do that, do you?

La Jolla Dentist

Invisalign Tray Time

Invisalign recommends that you wear your tray 22 hours a day for best result but we all have a very busy life and even if you can do it 211/2 hours I think you are doing a great job. Please don't make it a habit and do less and less each day.

Sid Molayem, DDS
Beverly Hills Orthodontist

Wear your #Invisalign trays as indicated #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
Invisalign counts on you wearing your trays 22 hours per day to achieve the desired results. Sometimes life does not always permit, and wearing your trays for 30 minutes less occasionally will not impact your treatment.  However, do NOT get in the habit of wearing them less than recommended since your results with Invisalign are influenced by compliance in wearing your aligners.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Let's Talk Teeth

Dear Justhavefaith,

It is recommended to wear your aligners 22 hrs/day, and I would try to keep that habit. Obviously, life does not always allow you to stick to that schedule. A half an hour less would be okay. Your treatment will progress very well but don't get into the habit of wearing the aligners less. 

Dr. Jenn