Will having the lap band affect my BBL results?

I had the lap band procedure done in 2008 and as a result lost around 40kgs/85lbs. My weight is stable now as I have removed most of the fluid and rely on exercise/healthy eating to now maintain my weight. I have had a TT and breast augmentation though I still have excess skin around my back and thigh area. I am booked in for a BBL - will this affect my results? Also with my port attached to my abdominal wall, will lipo still be done in that area?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to consult with your surgeon first, and also you can have liposuction in other areas as well.. 

BBL after lap band

Liposuction and BBL can still be performed to your back and flanks with fat grafting to your buttock. I do not recommend liposuction of the abdominal wall with your port in place to avoid damaging your port. Alternatively, since you do not utilize your lap band for weight loss or maintenance, you might consider removal of your port prior to your BBL. Discuss this with your surgeon to determine his/her preference. Good luck. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift After Lap Band

A Brazilian Butt Lift may help fill out your buttocks, but it will not necessarily eliminate the need for a lower body lift or gluteoplasty to remove the excess skin from your posterior trunk. Additionally, the port will need to be removed before liposuction of the abdomen. It can be dislodged by the cannula and can cause harm to you.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician