Can Kybella be used to treat uneven results after liposuction or coolsculpting on the abdomen? (photo)

What would be a better way to correct the indentations? Fat graft or fat dissolving?

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is the best option to dissolve fat in the tummy and flanks. It is the only FDA approved laser that can eliminate up to 25% of subcutaneous fat in a short 25-minute in-office treatment. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella only for under chin

Kybella is only FDA approved for treating submental fat under the chin. Any other use would be considered off label. Based on your photo, you look as if you'd benefit from fat grafting. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella and Body

Kybella is only FDA approved for submental fat.  It is not approved for areas in the body. It looks from the photo that you have a depression that may need fat grafting.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist to assess the area.  Best, Dr. Green

NO

Not only is it not FDA approved for the abdomen(we use lots of medications off label in medicine, but can be controversial), but you need the "dent" filled back in with some fat grafting likely in addition to some fat equalization in the areas adjacent to the dent. 

Liposuction

Based on the photo you submitted, I would suggest fat grafting to the depressed area around your umbilicus.

John Burns, MD

Smoothing Irregularities with Coolsculpting/Vanquish, Exilis Ultra, Venus Legacy

I would recommend a combination approach for irregularities including: coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin's appearance. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Treating uneven abdominal fat

Thanks for your question. Kybella is not approved for use in that region, and even if it was it would require so much product and multiple sessions and so would not make sense from a cost perspective. We have successfully treated unevenness like this post liposuction or post CoolSculpt with the SculpSure laser for permanent fat cell destruction.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician