Lipomatic on the arms; looks worse than before?

I did lipomatic on my arms and my back just few days ago. I do have a soggy skin to begin with but now it looks worse. The doctor insured me that it will start retracting in a week time but I honestly don't see that happening. Also one arm is hanging more then the other. The doctor also told me that when the swallowing will decrease my arms wil look tight and simetric. The thing is that I see a lot of hanging skin, much worse then before.

Lipomatic - poor results after a few days

Thank you for asking about your lipomatic liposuction.
  • Lipomatic is an FDA approved liposuction machinie.
  • At this point, you are still very swollen.
  • It will take at least six months to see the final results.
  • But arm skin is thin and typically does not retract much.
  • If you had loose skin before, you may have needed an arm lift.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- ARM SKIN LOOSE

If you had loose skin and performed liposuction it is like you will need either RF skin tightening like exilis, venus legacy, thermage or ultrasound like ultherapy.  Otherwise skin removal may be an option surgically.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction and loose skin

Loose skin is the enemy of liposuction. Loose skin interferes with assessing how much subcutaneous fat is present., It hides any potential improvement from liposuction and leads many patients are to be disappointed even if the liposuction was done well. Liposuction it is not as skin tightening procedure it. Liposuction only removes fat. If someone has loose skin just start with then there is a significant chance the skin can look worse afterwards. And ethical and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon will be able to differentiate who is going to get a good results and it will not. I suggest following up with your doctor and sharing your concerns. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD