How much can a mons pubis lift cost?

I had a consult today about my mons pubis. The doctor said he would need to do lipo, and excise skin. He said he would use my csection scar to lift and also make an incision in the middle of the mons because it is U shaped but he said I didn't have to get the one on the middle the csection scar would take care of 70% of the problem. He quoted it as 6800.00 that seems like a lot for that small area. What do you think? I thought it would be less. I would be put under twilight anestesthia.

#liposuction

first of all the cost is not high esp for Manhattan surgeries. u can try and cut corners on the cost, save a few dollars but u will compromise the outcome. I have done sculpting on Mons pubis in conjunction with labiaplasty or with abdominal liposuction. if skin excision is required then I agree with your surgeon's approach.  

Mons pubis surgery

Lifting the mons pubis is commonly done as part of an abdominoplasty.  If you need an abdominoplasty as well, don't miss the opportunity.  Costs in Manhattan are likely much higher than other parts of the country, but it is important to stay local in case you have problems.  If it is not in the price range for you, better to delay and save and do it right.

Mark D. Wigod, MD
Boise Plastic Surgeon

Mons pubis treatment

The fees for surgery will vary form surgeon to surgeon. Doesn't sound unreasonable in NYC. Best of luck.

Mons pubis

We usually take care of the mons pubis when a TT is performed.
Some lipo may be required.
Pictures would help.
Expect to pay more for any procedure performed in NY or LA

Cost of a Mons Pubis Lift

Dear Donna, Thank you for posting your interesting question. Each patient must be evaluated individually in order to determine the proper plastic surgical procedure. These procedures are not commodities and are often based on the Board Certified Plastic Surgeon's training, skill set, expertise, judgement, results and geographic location. The costs include the plastic surgeon's time, operating room nurses and supplies, as well as the Board Certified Anesthesiologist. It is difficult to put a price on beauty. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Cost of Mon Pubis Lift

If your quote includes the use of the facility as well as anesthesia, then the cost in Manhattan is not high.  Patient's often forget that any procedure requires the use of expensive medical supplies, ideally a state certified operating room,  use of anesthesia equipment as well as the cost of nursing and a board certified anesthesiologist.   Trying to cut corners on any of these requirements puts you at great risk.    

Carlin Vickery, MD

Pubic Lift with Liposuction cost

In my practice a pubic lift and liposuction usually costs between $4,000 and $6,000, which include the surgery, anesthesia, facility fee, and all pre- and post-operative appointments. 

Mons pubis lift - is the quote reasonable

Thank you for asking about your mons pubis lift.
  • Manhattan plastic surgery fees are among the highest in the country
  • Plus your cost includes the operating room and anesthesiologist/nurse anesthetist.
  • It does not seem high for the area - although it would be high for some other areas in the country.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mons lift

A mons lift helps with dropping or ptosis of the mons area and will lead to a scar. Sometimes this can be incorporated into an excision C-section scar but it really depends how high or low the C-section scar is. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery is a great way to start. 

Sincerely

Terence M. Myckatyn, MD

Mons pubis liposuction -- BEST with VASER HI Def +/- Skin Removal

I suggest seeing an expert and do not compromise your care for cost or distance.  Liposuction with skin removal can give a very good result in this area. Best, Dr. Emer.