Very dominant banana roll under both butt checks so prominent that in most clothing you can see. What do I do? (Photos)

I'd let to know your opinion on what procedure you would do in order to remove these very noticeable rolls on my upper thighs under butt checks the folds look like a spare tire under each check and I'm very self conscious about it very insecure on my appereace please help would like to be able to walk with bathing suit bottom only and not cover up
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Banana Roll Treatment -- VASER HI DEF , THERMIRF, Velashape/Venus Legacy, Ultherapy/Thermage

this really needs to be surgically removed if you liposuction too much it will cause the buttock to fall.  Liposuction of the leg would help if done properly.  I suggest a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

The treatment of banana rolls

In my opinion Durno great treatments for your concern.

My practice is devoted entirely to body contouring using various forms of liposuction and fats transferred.

I have seen far too many patients who have had bad or unsuccessful outcomes from the blue section of this area.

The outer thigh a response beautifully to liposuction but unfortunately the banana roll or crease underneath the buttocks is a skin redundancy issue not want to fat distribution.

While  a skin resection is possible it's not a popular option but would be the only thing that would actually make the creases go away.

The back of the thighs need to have skin laxity in a standing position to allow full flexion of the hips when leaning forward.

This skin redundancy in combination with an atomic skin attachments caught some people to form skin creases.

this is the same concept as women who have a back bra roll when the arm is in a down position.

many plastic surgeons will offer liposuction but few will show you multiple consistent excellent before and after results.

I mean on several thousand liposuction procedures I have learned the pitfalls and where this procedure works and where it doesn't.

Having a skin resection can take care of the situation but is not the easiest recovery and can leave it quite visible scar.

If your concern is how you fit into clothing then skin resection with or without liposuction at the same time may be a real option.

The key is understanding what the inherent problem is (skin versus fat) and setting expectations correctly.

if you get to the point of having in person consultation then you need confirmation that the surgeon has treated this condition multiple times and can document multiple before and after pictures.

All too many times patients will be promised results but

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Very dominant banana roll

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. I can see your area of concern and these rolls can be effectively liposuctioned but must be done carefully to avoid the development of loose skin excess.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to have the best treatment recommendation made.

Banana rolls need careful liposuction but is so worth it.

Liposuction of your posterior and lateral thighs would make a big difference in improving the thighs and banana rolls but needs to be done carefully and by someone who knows what they are doing. It would be so worth it. Go for it.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Based upon the posted photos which are limited! I see 2 issue: #1 banana rolls, #2 Hypoplasia buttock. I recommend a combination of surgeries and non surgical treatments. For the banana rolls - SmarLipo Triplex + Lipo  with post op Thermi Smooth 250 RF session (10 sessions). Fee $6,000.
For the flat buttock a BBL with lipo 4 liters. Fee $6,200. If combined fee $9,000. 

Dominant banana roll under both butt cheeks

Thank you for the question and photos.  I agree that you need to be very careful in choosing your surgeon, but that liposuction can help this area.  I typically will use very tiny cannulas to treat the area, then re-inject fat into the crease below the banana roll to give the best results.  Sometimes a second touch up treatment is necessary.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Banana roll - best treatment?

Thank you for asking about your banana roll.

• This is a difficult area - a little liposuction will not achieve what you want.
  • A lot of liposuction will make the buttock sag - and skin needs to be removed as well, leaving a scar in the buttock crease.
  • You will get a better opinion from a personal consultation - but avoid anyone who wants to 'fix' the problem by just removing all the fat - they do not understand the problems in this area. 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Treatment of Banana Rolls of Posterior Thighs

I appreciate your concern, and you are an ideal candidate for liposuction of those regions. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD