Can Kybella be done on someone who is skinny and doesn't quite have a double chin but just some unflattering fat down there?

I'm 27 years old, 5"2 and 110lbs. I'm a small, skinny girl but I find that I have a bit of fat under my chin that has always bothered me. It's not quite a double chin but it's certainly unflattering from some angles. Can Kybella be done on someone who is rather skinny and doesn't quite have a double chin but just some unflattering fat down there?

Kybella

Thank you for your question mghazi11. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. It is difficult to make an assessment without photographs. The double chin can be the result of age, weight gain, or genetics. In all of these cases Kybella may provide benefit.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Kybella

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Fat under chin

Yes, it sounds like you are the perfect candidate for kybella. It typically takes a few treatments but if there is a discrete pocket, it will, will the correct number of treatments and amount, completely go away so that your profile is just flat! Good luck and I hope this helps!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Fat under chin

Lesley Rabach, MD

Kybella for Skinny People

You don't have to have an actual double chin to benefit from Kybella. Just a small amount of fat can be unflattering and is easily removed with one or two treatments of Kybella's deoxycholic acid – a natural substance found in human bile. The procedure takes less than 5 minutes in most cases. You will have some swelling afterward and it may take up to a month or more to appreciate your results, but my patients have been thrilled with the difference Kybella makes to their profiles. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to find out if you are a candidate for Kybella.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella for Skinny People

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Is Kybella Effective on Skinny Patient

Kybella is effective on anyone who has a bit of submental fat under the chin. My best advice would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with a lot of Kybella experience to be assessed in person. This could actually be an ideal solution for you.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Is Kybella Effective on Skinny Patient

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella for thin patient?

Kybella is useful for anyone who has excess fat under the chin that is above the platysma muscle.  There are many overall healthy patients ( men and women) that are at an appropriate weight who are still bothered by some extra fat under their chin.  Your best bet is a visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who understands the anatomy of the neck and can examine you and help determine whether you are a good candidate.

Kybella for thin patient?

Kybella Treatments TOO MUCH or Just ENOUGH?

If you’re bothered by submental fullness, you’re not alone. Studies have shown that people are bothered just as much about under-the -chin- fat than they are about lines and wrinkles around their eyes and mouth!
The amount of Kybella injected is specific to each individual's need , so a trained professional can treat without over-estimating .

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Kybella Candidate

Thanks for your question.  Without seeing pictures it is hard to tell if you are good candidate for this treatment.  Load some pictures and assure you that you will see some good answers from fellow Real Self physician experts. 

Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Kybella Candidate

Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Kybella treatments on skinnier patients.

Thank you for your question! Kybella is the best thing to treat small areas of sub-mental fat (double chin). It is best to get evaluated by your plastic surgeon to determine exactly how many treatments you may need to get your desired result. 

Kybella For Small Submental Fat

Kybella is idea for a small area of submental fat under the chin.  You may only need one or two treatments to have the desired results.  I usually combine this treatment with Thermage for the best skin tightening and collagen production.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella For Small Submental Fat

Kybella

It can be used.  You can tailor the injections to the specific areas you need addressed.  This may be even more helpful for you.

Kybella