Can Kybella be done on someone who is skinny and doesn't quite have a double chin but just some unflattering fat down there?

I'm 27 years old, 5"2 and 110lbs. I'm a small, skinny girl but I find that I have a bit of fat under my chin that has always bothered me. It's not quite a double chin but it's certainly unflattering from some angles. Can Kybella be done on someone who is rather skinny and doesn't quite have a double chin but just some unflattering fat down there?

Is Kybella Effective on Skinny Patient

Kybella is effective on anyone who has a bit of submental fat under the chin. My best advice would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with a lot of Kybella experience to be assessed in person. This could actually be an ideal solution for you.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella for thin patient?

Kybella is useful for anyone who has excess fat under the chin that is above the platysma muscle.  There are many overall healthy patients ( men and women) that are at an appropriate weight who are still bothered by some extra fat under their chin.  Your best bet is a visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who understands the anatomy of the neck and can examine you and help determine whether you are a good candidate.

Jonathan Hall, MD

Kybella Treatments TOO MUCH or Just ENOUGH?

If you’re bothered by submental fullness, you’re not alone. Studies have shown that people are bothered just as much about under-the -chin- fat than they are about lines and wrinkles around their eyes and mouth!
The amount of Kybella injected is specific to each individual's need , so a trained professional can treat without over-estimating .

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Kybella Candidate

Thanks for your question.  Without seeing pictures it is hard to tell if you are good candidate for this treatment.  Load some pictures and assure you that you will see some good answers from fellow Real Self physician experts. 

Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Kybella treatments on skinnier patients.

Thank you for your question! Kybella is the best thing to treat small areas of sub-mental fat (double chin). It is best to get evaluated by your plastic surgeon to determine exactly how many treatments you may need to get your desired result. 

Kian J. Samimi, MD, FACS

Kybella For Small Submental Fat

Kybella is idea for a small area of submental fat under the chin.  You may only need one or two treatments to have the desired results.  I usually combine this treatment with Thermage for the best skin tightening and collagen production.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella

It can be used.  You can tailor the injections to the specific areas you need addressed.  This may be even more helpful for you.

Kybella for small under chin fat

Thank you for your question and sharing your concerns. Kybella could be a great option for you as it can be customized to address small areas pockets of fat under the chin.  A physical exam would help determine the dosing and the pattern anticipation that is needed to get you the best results. I would recommend that you visit with an experienced Kybella injector who can discuss your options in more detail.

Small amounts of fat need only a few injections

Small amounts of fat need only a few injections.  Your results can be tapered to you by varying the Kybella injections.  Now patients with small deformities have an option for improvement via Kybella injections.
Dr. Denkler

Can Kybella used for removal of minimal fatty deposits of neck?

Thank you for your excellent question.

From your description, you are not only an excellent candidate, but are the exact type of patient Kybella injections should be used on. Kybella will not only eliminate that unflattering submental fat under your chin, but will also cause retraction of the skin quite nicely.

At this time, I recommend you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced in Kybella injections.