Can you mix Kybella and cool sculpt mini?

Kybella & CoolSculpt

Yes, these two procedures can work well together. I would suggest that you wait at least 3 months after CoolSculpt before getting Kybella as you want to give your body time to completely heal. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella plus Cool mini

Great question.  The answer is yes.  Sometimes CoolSculpting can be used to get rid of the majority of the fat and then Kybella can be used in selected areas in moderation.  I would recommend waiting at least 3 months after CoolSculpting to try Kybella, and at least 6 weeks after Kybella to try CoolSculpting.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Can You Mix Kybella and CoolMini?

Both Kybella and CoolMini are effective non-surgical treatments of submental fat (also known as the "double-chin"). I would not recommend treating a patient with both modalities at the same time, however these treatments can be used in conjunction when spaced out across an appropriate amount of time. Speak with a board-certified dermatologist to understand which treatment options are right for you.

Sherry N. Ingraham, MD
Katy Dermatologic Surgeon

Both can be done

Both are options, however mixing both at the same time adds risks to your face as the results would be unpredictable.

Coolsculpting mini, Kybella and Profound Sub-Q

There are exciting non-surgical options for reducing the double chin area.  We have several options in our practice.  The big advantages for practices without the ability to bring on devices is that Kybella can be incorporated without the big capital expenditures and will more likely be more widely available.

Regardless of the treatment modality, patient assessment and an understanding of the underlying anatomy is the most important.  Also understanding the nuances and limitations of each procedure is essential.

Kybella works to dissolve fat in the injected areas.  Some of the biggest advantages is that you can customize exactly to the fatty areas that you want to treat, while being mindful of avoiding some critical underlying structures (e.g. your nerves).  While you develop swelling after the procedure, the procedure itself is fairly easy to tolerate and quick to incorporate.

The Coolsculpting mini uses a fixed-sized applicator and you can use 1-3 treatment applicators per session depending the assessment.   It may be harder to further refine or provide a differential treatment for smaller areas.  This is where Kybella may be a more customizable option.

The Profound SubQ uses micro needles to deliver radio frequency into the fatty tissues and has the benefit of both reducing the fatty tissue as well as stimulating collagen and elastin development and may the best option of the three to tighten the submental skin, especially when combined with the traditional dermal handpiece.

Combining the different treatment (albeit in different sessions) is a great way to use the benefits of all three.  As an example, you can use the Coolsculpting mini to provide an overall fat reduction of the region.  Four weeks later, you can do the Profound treatment to further reduce the fat and begin tightening.  Four weeks later, you can use Kybella to reduce any residual pockets of fat.

The most important aspect for your result is to go an experienced provider.  If you go to a board certified plastic surgeon who has made commitments to building non-surgical alternatives, then you can get a balanced consultation where your non-surgical and surgical options are explained.

Hello Qweeny,

You really shouldn't mix the treatments.  I would start with one and see your result (I prefer Kybella) after finishing treatment.  Combining them during the actual treatment would not improve your results and may even lead to complications.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combine Kybella & cool sculpt mini

Do not combine both treatments at the same time. Choose one series of treatments (either coolsculpt mini or kybella) and assess your results after treatments are completed. Then decide whether you need or want more jawline definition. An alternative to both those treatments is liposuction, which I perform under local anesthesia in the office. Good luck. Best, Dr H

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Maybe BUT the added expense would be prohibitive! Why not jut do a minor local anesthesia operation of Smartipo Triplex + Lipo with Thermi Smooth 250 RF sessions - gives better results! Faster!

Kybella and Cool-mini

I love both Kybella and Cool-mini to treat the neck area.  If it is a very large area I prefer the cool-mini and then if there is any small areas remaining to touch it up with Kybella.  You absolutely can use both treatments for the neck - just not at the same time. A smaller area will be treated directly with Kybella.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella

It would not make any sense to dissolve the fat with Kybella and then freeze the dissolved fat with the CoolSculpt mini.  The reverse is also true.  Choose one or the other but not both.

John Burns, MD