Any doctor in Toronto will offer Belkyra (Kybella) for off label use (lower abdomen)?

I'm in shape, mid 30's, male, BMI 19.1 with no health issue. I have a small pocket of fat beneath the navel I would like to get rid of. It's very small, similar in volume to most double chins. Are there any doctors in the GTA offer Belkyra for off label use?
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Kybella

Thank you for your question. Kybella is only approved by the FDA for use underneath the chin. For an approach to toning the stomach, please consider SculpSure. The SculpSure laser has been clinically approved to eliminate up to 25% of that stubborn to lose subcutaneous fat in the belly and flanks regions. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Off label use of Kybella

As you know, Kybella is only FDA approved for treating submental fat. Any other use is considered "off label" so you will really need to trust your surgeon and his or her understanding of anatomy. Personally, I would probably encourage you to try something else for the mid section such as CoolSculpt. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella and Off-Lablel Indications

Kybella is currently only approved for submental fat and has undergone rigorous studies for this approval. I would not consider off label areas at this time. Please look into Coolsculpting or other effective and approved ways to reduce fat.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella off-label use

Thank you for your question. Kybella is FDA approved for the submental region. However, just like other devices, off label use is going to be at the physicians discretion. Using it off label, does require a deep understanding of the underlying anatomy to ensure that the target tissue is isolated from critical structures. You will find that the treatment indications with FDA will start to broaden over the next few years as more areas are studied such as the knees, love handles, anterior axilla, and possibly ankles.
I would make sure you consider any off-label use with an experienced and knowledgeable plastic surgeon.

Need to call around

Kybella is approved only for chin fat.
However, it can dissolve fat in other locations, especially in small areas.
You would need to call around to find a specialist to do this.
Dr. Denkler