Curl on lips 3 days after juverderm, will this go? (Photos)

I had 0.5ml of juvaderm on Friday (now Tuesday) they were quite swollen.. I have iced them. It seemed to tone down but now it seems to have come back again. Is this still swelling or has she injected to much? In the photos when I smile it's worse!!

Bruising and swelling after Juvederm

Thank you for your question joanne99. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. There is a risk for bruising and swelling after any injection. This can last up to two weeks. I recommend that my patients apply cold compresses after a treatment to minimize swelling. In our office we treat bruises with a laser as early as the next day after an injectable treatment. We have our patients return two weeks after the treatment once swelling has subsided to take after photographs and assess the results. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Encino Physician

Juvaderm Injections

Hi ~ Great question. You should not be worried at this point. It is expected to get swelling after any HA filler injection. The lips often swell more than any other area of the face after injections. You should wait 7-10 days to allow the majority of the swelling and bruising to resolve. Good Luck!

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Swollen after Lip Injection

Swelling and bruising are common reactions to the Juvederm injections as with any other skin injection procedures. The time it takes for the fillers to soften and look more natural, may take anywhere from a couple of days to two weeks to resolve. Concern is understandable, just allow your lips a little more time. Thank you for your question and good luck with your results.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Swelling/Bumps After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

Fillers can cause the area to swell, and this can take 2 weeks to resolve.  Have some patience and if there is no improvement after 2 weeks you can reverse the filler.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filler to the Lips

It can take up to a week for the swelling from fillers to settle down.  Especially in the lips and under the eyes.  You may notice that the swelling gets better and then is back in the mornings.  I would give it some more time.  Good Luck.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip Filler

Typically it takes a good 2 weeks for lip fillers to settle.  At that point you will know how you like your results.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Swelling After Juvederm

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Swelling and bruising is normal after Juvederm injection, especially in the lips.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve and to see your final result.  I would suggest giving it 2 weeks before judging your result.  Icing is beneficial for up to 48 hours after the procedure.  Arnica is also helpful for minimizing postprocedure swelling and bruising.  If you continue to have any concerns at 2 weeks postprocedure, please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Any unwanted filler can easily be removed with Vitrase.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Curl on lips 3 days after juverderm, will this go?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Because of the thin nature of the lip tissues swelling after filler placement is common and can cause a curl to the upper lip.  Most commonly this will resolve as your swelling does.  It often takes up to 2 weeks for fillers to soften and the tissues to appear more natural.  In the meantime try reducing the swelling by using cold compresses to your lips and elevating your head at night with a couple of extra pillows behind your back.  You may want to also consider using Arnica Montana and bromelain as supplements.  Hang in there!