Wanting fuller cheek bones. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi I had fillers which were injected into my acne scars in my cheek it made my cheeks very swollen for a few days what gave off a noticeable fuller cheek which i loved, i looked like i had cheekbones and defintion but sadly it went after the swelling went down as the filler wasnt for cheekbones it was just for my acne scars Please if anyone has any advice on what would to do as in fillers for cheekbones or fat transfer or implants I want really high nice volume noticable cheekbones results Thank you

Cheek implant candidate

Cheek implants are placed for patient to have a flat maxilla and a flat cheek profile. Cheek implants are  manufactured  in a large variety of both shapes and sizes which is best determined at the time of the examination and consultation. Cheek implants are usually placed through an intraoral approach under brief general anesthetic as an outpatient procedure. Cheek implants  offer a very consistent and predictable result compared to fat injections. For many examples of cheek implants, please see the link and the video below

Facial Sculpting/ Cheek Augmentation - Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Cheeks can be augmented with fillers, fat or implants. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options based on your facial structure. Best, Dr. Emer

Fuller cheek

Fuller cheek bones tend to give youthful look.  I think you are a good candidate for cheek implant placement.  Chosen carefully, a cheek implant will give you natural and youthful look.  If you are not sure, I would consider having fillers to the cheeks to find out if you would really like cheek implants or not.  Once filler dissipates or is dissolved by injection, you can have cheek implants.  Consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

Alex Kim, MD

Alex Kim, MD

Wanting fuller cheek bones. Any suggestions?

Cheek augmentation is a great procedure for creating full, youthful cheeks. The key point is to find a surgeon that will create a natural look for you rather than just "pillowy" over filled cheeks. With that said, the options include either in office filler injections with Juvederm Voluma that last about two years or cheek implants which are permanent but require a brief day surgery. Both options can be tailored to your existing cheek shape to create beautiful results. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures including cheek augmentation for over 30 years. From the attached photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is a slight amount of excess and displaced fat in front and below the cheeks. These issues create an oval shaped face. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Hope this helps.

Achieving Fuller Cheeks

There are several techniques to increase the cheek projection and improve the contour.  Filler such as Volume and Restylane lyft, Fat injections, or permanent solid silicone implants can be used. I recommend you see a surgeon proficient in all these approaches so you can make an educated decision re the best technique for you.

Fuller cheeks

Thank you for the pictures. As was stated before, I completely agree with you.  Fuller cheeks definitely give that "heart shape" to your face and fits your frame very well.  Couple different ways of doing it.  Voluma works great. It gives a very nice, soft look and is designed specifically to help build up the cheek bone area.  Sculptra as well.  It may take two treatments with sculptra, and the results take a little bit longer to see as its your body creating collagen, however, they may last you longer than a hyaluronic acid product like voluma.  Either strategy works great from a filler standpoint.  I would suggest you start with fillers to get an idea of where you are going and what can be achieved. Eventually fat grafting is certainly the best, and as things progress it is great for midface rejuvenation. There is certainly more downtime with fat grafting, usually I see my patients have 2 weeks of swelling before things completely settle. Implants involve surgery as well, with considerable downtime.  I have started to shy away from implants as Ive noticed that as patients continue to age and lose volume, the implant simply cannot give them the global fullness and natural look that it once did as it is confined to one particular area.  For some things, implants are great.  For others, there are many different options.  I hope this helps.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Suggestions for fuller cheeks

I agree that your cheeks improved from swelling. There are many options today for cheek enhancement. A good start would be to ask your injector since you already have a good relationship and trust for that person. Fillers such as Voluma, Radiesse, and Sculptra are non permanent fillers that can last one to three years or so while Bellafill is a more permanent filler. A fat transfer may also be considered and fairly reliable in experienced hands. Cheek implants would require surgery and more downtime but are permanent. Don't overdo it, you already have better facial features than most.

Mario S. Yco, MD, FACS
Encinitas Facial Plastic Surgeon