Lunch Time Lipo?

Can someone please explain what this "lunch lipo" procedure is all about? What are the benefits and risk? Is it just a way for some doctors to make a quick buck?

Luchtime lipo and results that you are looking for

Buyer beware!  Liposuction comes in many different forms and the amount of liposuction done also varies from patient to patient.  My Coolsculpting patients can, in fact, come in during their lunch hour for fat removal.  However, they are well educated on the results that they can expect.  Having done hundreds of liposuction procedures, large volume liposuction usually takes several hours to perform and an overnight stay in a hospital is also sometimes required for safety reasons.  Therefore, please be careful in considering "Lunchtime Lipo" and know what you're getting into.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Lunchtime lipo

Think of it as "mini"-lipo. Okay for small areas, but keep your expectations low. Get opinions from respected and experienced plastic surgeons that don't rely on gimmicks to get you in the door! Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lunchtime lipo

Lunchtime liposuction is a marketing term to promote the newly-approved European "Tickle" liposuction. it is equivalent to the US Microaire liposuction machine. Both remove fat with a vibrating cannula.  The technique is called PAL - pulsatile assisted liposuction.

1. PAL is the best technique for most liposuction,
  2. It lets small liposuctions be done quickly with local anesthesia,
  3. But the benefits and risks are the same as for any liposuction - good planning and care are essential for good results. Best wishes.

Lunch Time Lipo?

Liposuction of the smallest area would be about one hour.  Although I would not have great expectations about the difference you will notice.  Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lunch time lipo

gimmicks in cosmetic surgery are spreading like wild fire...the lunch time liposuction is one. I have seldom seen a patient who could benefit from a liposuction that takes away a few cubic centimeters. consult a board certified plastic surgeon and make sure she or he have a ton of experience, and are credentialed to perform liposuction at the local hospital. all surgeries carry risks and you need to do your homework. some credible surgeons may even offer this minimal surgery, but set your expectations low.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Lunch time lipo ?

Dear jzpeck, If it sounds to good to be true, it is. Use common sense. Even if the doctor does it under local anesthesia and let's assume that the area for lipo is the lower abdomen only, the local anesthesia  alone will take about 45 minute to an hour... unless you do not mind the pain of injection...  Lunch time is usually an hour and what about the pain medicine - narcotics, how can you drive or perform your work under the influence of the drugs.  This sounds like an unethical ploy that you should stay away from. Consult with an experience board certified plastic surgeon and check the before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results. Best of luck, Dr Widder

Lunch lipo

It is hard for me to know exactly what is being described by the term of "lunch lipo."  It may be a proprietary term or simply a marketing phrase.  That being said, any surgery is a significant event and should not be taken lightly.  I would suggest that you proceed with caution prior to having a significant surgical procedure and then going back to work for the rest of the day.  In my practice, one generally has sedation of some form or another (intravenous or by mouth) when undergoing liposuction and this would make returning to work more challenging as well.

Christopher Davidson, M.D.