Can a bad, consistent cough damage my neck lift?

Nine weeks out from mini facelift and necklift I caught a cold and bad cough. Neck is still healing in general. Am I injuring any skin or muscle when I cough? Thank you.

Post op healing

Dear. Troylin,

Thanks for your question. At 9 weeks post op, I think you'll be fine. However, I would definitely suggest that you see your doctor to address the cough. Hope you feel better soon.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Probably ok now

So the soft tissues of the face heal pretty quickly. 9 weeks should be enough to have everything stuck down now unless you have a very heavy cough. I have heard of post op complications as late as three weeks to do with coughing but that the longest time.

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Coughing 9 weeks after a face lift

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

• After nine weeks, fortunately, things should have healed well enough that you won't damage your result.
  • However - persistent coughing is not good for us for lots of other reasons.
  • Please be to see your regular doctor if the cough persists or if the cold has turned to bronchitis.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Can coughing damage my necklift?

It is highly unlikely that you would have caused damage to your neck area because of coughing 9 weeks after a neck lifting procedure.

I would recommend you see you GP to help treat the cough.

Cough after facelift

In general, a cough should not give you problems unless you cough so hard that you cause internal bleeding under the skin flaps.

Will a cough damage face/neck lift results

Its highly unlikely after 9 weeks that you have caused any damage, most of the initial healing is done so don't worry about damaging your results. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS