Can I put deodorant on after my pre-op shower for my tummy tuck?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. you can put a little after showering just a little and far away from your incisions the should be no problem.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

No deodorant pre-op

Thank you for the question. The answer is no, you shouldn't put any deodorant after washing on the day of the surgery. Also avoid wearing makeup. 

Remember that an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and guarantee a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Deodorant before tummy tuck

Thanks for your inquiry. I do not see a problem with a little deodorant in the armpits when there is no breasy surgery planned.  Do not use any body sprays or lotions on the skin of your abdomen, flanks, etc.  Good Luck.  

Deodorant ok after pre-op tummy tuck shower?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

• Yes, you can use deodorant after your shower before your tummy tuck.
  • Don't put any moisturizer or powder on the body however - you want nothing put on the skin in the area of surgery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for your question. It should be OK to put deodorant before your surgery. I do not restrict in my practice.

Thank you for sharing your question.  There should not be any reason that you can not apply deodorant prior to your tummy tuck surgery.  Best wishes on your upcoming procedure.

Deoderant before surgery...

Hi there! Best wishes on your upcoming tummy tuck. I don't see why you would not be able to use a limited amount of deodorant before surgery. Good luck! Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Deodorant?

If you limit this to deodorant in the armpit area then you should be fine to do that.  I don't recommend lotions to the abdomen and other areas where surgery might be required.  Good luck. Have fun with your transformation. Hope this helps.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and pre op deodorant

Hi,

It is best to NOT use any body creams/deodorant/etc. before a body contouring procedure.  It probably would not affect the outcome because of the prep that we do but still, save it for your new contours.  You will be quite excited about this amazing body contouring procedure.  

Preshower

No, please avoid using any deodorants, lotions, and creams for this will increase your chances of infections. Please follow your surgeon's instructions.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon