How toxic is 5% minoxidil if you don't wash your hands after applying it and eat food? When is it safe to touch my hair?

I feel paranoid sometimes. I don't want to touch my hair and spread it on my skin. Should I be really worried? What can happen?

Hair Loss Treatment

Thank you for your question. Your main concern should be ingesting any of the Minoxidil by putting your fingers in your mouth or on your food before washing your hands. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minoxidil and hair loss.

Minoxidil should dry 20-25 minutes after application. It is always best to wash your hands before and after application. Best, Dr. Emer