Would doing squats before BBL give my post surgery body a better look?

Would doing squats and other gluteus workouts make my butt look even better after having BBL? Like if I were to lift weights and get muscle before surgery and then get my BBL, would that give me a rounder look? Or does it not matter? Thank you

Fitness and Nutrition pre BBL

Yes, to answer your question any form of exercise that involves the gluteus muscles while working out will enhance not only the shape and volume, but over enhance the results of the surgical outcome. Please schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in BBL and other surgery involving body shaping/etching. 

Best Regards,

Dr. Haworth

Doing squats before surgery help BBL

Doing squats right before surgery s likely not going to do anything for your buttocks improvement after BBL; Doing squats routinely for long term, will build your gluteal muscle which will increase the size of your buttocks; this will only help the size and shape of your buttocks following BBL; please see buttocks enhancement options below. 

Arian Mowlavi, MD

#BBL #Weightlifting

BrownPrincess,

Absolutely! Building your gluts is a great way to enhance your buttock region and I recommend to all of my BBL patients. It not only ads volume to the buttocks but lifts the buttocks in a more anatomic position.  Good luck and feel free to reach out if you have any more questions.

- Dr. Daniel Barrett

Barrett Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills, CA

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Exercise is generally always good

Exercise is generally always a good idea and there's certainly no harm in doing gluteal workouts before your surgery.

This may or may not have a significant impact.

Generally speaking the impact of well-done cosmetic surgery it will most likely create much more volume than workouts alone.

This tends to be especially true for women who are generally do not form a lot of bulk muscles from weight training.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

BBL

Yes, it can improve the size of the gluteal muscle with proper diet and training which will then improve the shape of your buttocks but this will not happen overnight. You will need to exercise and eat a healthy balanced diet to see results and make sure you maintain your diet and exercise routine after your surgery. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Squats and lunges do create a nicer looking gluteus muscle. Just doing some exercises right before surgery will not give you a lasting change. Working out is something you must continue to do in order to keep the results created. Yes, having a regular workout routine prior to surgery will create a better canvas for the surgery. These changes will not sustain if you do not continue the squats etc after surgery (of course after you heal and are cleared by your PS).