Question about anesthesia fluid injected into body before liposuction?

They say that the fluid injected into the body before liposuction is kind of burning feeling? How burning is it kind of mild burning or closer to extreme burning sensation?

Injection of fluid for local liposuction.

Assuming that you're awake the fluid needs to be injected slowly to allow for gradual numbing.  If done gingerly the experience is minimally uncomfortable.  If injected rapidly it can be unpleasant. 
Regards and good luck.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, Am. Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, Ca

Tumescent fluid for Liposuction- painful to inject?

Hello 'shirley.walker111', thanks for your question.  The tumescent fluid injected prior to a liposuction procedure is typically a mix of a saline-type fluid called lactated ringers solution, lidocaine anesthetic, and epinephrine to help with minimizing blood loss.  As with everything, the experience can vary from patient to patient.  With that said, the vast majority of my patients who undergo awake liposuction tolerate this very well with minimal discomfort.  Be sure you seek treatment from a board-certified plastic surgeon, and good luck!

-Dr.92660

Question about anesthesia fluid injected into body before liposuction? Burning Feeling?

Thank you for your question. Tumescent fluid has medication in it that can cause a slight burning sensation, but it is usually very mild. Depending on the method to which it is delivered, some patients may not even notice it. For my patients, I give an oral sedative as well as some Demerol before I administer tumescent solution. Our Tickle Liposuction device creates a vibration that helps ease the numbing process as well. 
Ultimately, it depends on whether you're awake or not. This is an important question to ask your board certified plastic surgeon before the surgery is performed.
Good luck.

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - how much does the fluid injection hurt?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • If you have general anesthesia, you do not feel the fluid injection. You are asleep.
  • If you have local anesthesia, the pain depends on how fast the fluid is injected and if bicarbonate is added to the solution.
  • The pain should be mild - and if not, the rate of injection should be slowed down.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction

In my pracice there is absolutely no burning sensation whatsoever.  The cost includig operatinf room and anesthesia sedation etc all inclusive is $2500 to $3000

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

Tumescent fluid burns as it goes in that is why many who do small areas give medications prior to the fluid infiltration.  Although hi definition and full body contouring procedures need to be under general anesthesia to get improved results. Best, Dr. Emer.

Sensation from Anesthetic Injection for Liposuction

What you feel from the anesthetic injection prior to liposuction is dependent on several things. If you are having sedation or general anesthesia, you will feel essentially nothing. If not, what you feel is purely dependent on your surgeon an how the anesthetic is administered. If it is administered slowly at first, allowing the area to become somewhat numb before injection more, you should feel very little. Do your homework on who you see for this. 

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction injection

The anesthetic in the tumescent fluid used during liposuction may cause a mild burning or stinging sensation to some patients which quickly disappears as you begin to feel numb. Patients who are under sedation or general anesthesia as well are unlikely to feel or remember this sensation happening. Best of luck!

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Numbing Experience

Patient's perception of the numbing experience varies. Most patients feel mild pinchiness for a few minutes. Burning sensation is rarely communicated. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS