NuFace electric facial pulser: ok to use with Botox and fillers, or no? (Photo)

With devices like NuFace that use electric pulses to (somehow) tighten the face, how does that affect Botox or fillers like Voluma? (Does it?) ...can you use them together or is that not recommended!

NuFace electric facial pulser: ok to use with Botox and fillers, or no?

Thank you for your question. You will want to wait 24 hours after Botox to apply any pressure to your face and 2 weeks with fillers. 

Hope this helps, 

NuFace and your Botox and fillers

I would not use the NuFace the day that you have injections but after that there is no reason why you should have any problem with this. Your fillers are stabler and your Botox binds within hours. Hope that helps

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox and NuFace

Thank you for your question MSmileNYC. The NuFace device uses microcurrent technology to stimulate muscles in the face. There have not been studies testing the safety and efficacy of Botox while using the NuFACE device. For my patients, I recommend avoiding such devices for one week after a Botox treatment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician