How long after surgery can symmastia occur? Am I developing it? (photos)

I had my breast augmentation surgery almost 2 months ago,to be more precise 1 month and 23 days. I've got 300cc under muscle.

I see no signs that you are developing symmastia so do not worry - it develops straight away usually

These pictures do not demonstrate any symmastia.  Looks like you do not have anything to worry about.  

Your photos do not indicate you have symmastia, or any other problem. You do not look like you will ever develop symmastia.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

No Synmastia

agree with all of the other surgeons who have weighed in. I am curious, however, why you are so concerned about it? I have seen an increase in concern over Synmastia in my own office over the past year or so. What is going on that all these very normal looking gals are freaked out about it? Are we watching too much Botched??

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Synmastia after breast augmentation

From you photos, it does not seem as if you have or will develop symmastia.  It appears that you have a very nice result. 

Thank you for the question and photos. You do not appear to have synmastia. If you have concerns about breast appearance and placement i recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon for an exam.

All the best 

Post op

Good Question! From your pictures it does not look like you have symmastia. You do not have lift up of your skin in-between your breasts. You are just made with a smaller sternum than others. Looks good!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

You do not have symmastia as evidenced by the clear separation of the implants on the medial aspect.  You likely will not develop it in the future.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Am I developing symmastia?

Thanks Sally for your question. Based on your pictures, you don't have symmastia (you have a clear separation between your breasts). I think your breasts are coming along nicely. Symmastia usually occurs with over dissection of the pec muscle off the chest bone and it would be obvious by 2 months post op. Don't worry. You should bring up your concern with your surgeon and they can further explain this to you. Good Luck.

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Symmastia - do I have it?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

Your photos don't show any issue with symmastia. There appears to be a clear separation of the breasts. However it is always important to see your surgeon for an exam when you have such concerns - there is no substitute for a personal examination.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS