Droopy eyelid and eyebrow, would I need a lift or a blepharoplasty?

Hello. I was wondering if someone is able to help and tell me what kind of procedure would be best to sort out my droopy eyelid and my eyebrow. To be honest I'm not entirely sure which eyelid has gone wrong! The eyelid that seems to be droopy shows my entire eyelid while I have make up on (which I prefer!) while the other one, which seems healthy, doesn't.... Also there is the symmetry of my eyebrows.... thank you!

Botox for brow lift and symmetry

You appear to have normal eyelids and normal eyelid position relative to the features of your eyeball. Your brow position, on the other hand, appears uneven. A bit of Botox to achieve a 'browlift' effect on your lower side would be an easy first step in achieving better facial symmetry.

Thank you for your excellent photograph and question.  Your left eyelid shows classic signs of ptosis with a high fold, low position of your lid and elevation of your brow compensating for the lid droopiness.  I would recommend that you be seen by an oculoplastic surgeon in your area to be examined and to have a reparative procedure.  This should provide appropriate treatment and correction for you.  Best wishes and good luck.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Droopy eyelid

Hello, it appears you may have ptosis in your upper lids, left worse than right. You should have a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon to best determine your options.  Best of luck!

Droopy eyelids and eyebrow

From the one limited photograph the eyebrows are in an excellent position are not droopy. A brow lift is not necessary. There appears to be ptosis present which can be surgically repaired by a oculoplastic surgeon. A cosmetic  blepharoplasty is not required.

Confused on eyelid procedure

Your eyebrows are in perfect location; your left eyelid has ptosis, which means the levator muscle is not working properly; this leads to a lower lid line position, and a higher supratarsal crease. This will require functional upper eyelid blepharoplasty with likely muscle plication. A consultation would be necessary to provide you more details.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Eyelid Ptosis and Uneven Eyelid Appearance

Thank you for your question regarding the potential improvement of your eyelids.  You have a case of upper eyelid ptosis (droop) which is causing the problem.  I would suggest that you see an ophthalmic plastic surgeon to have this evaluated and treated if it bothers  you.  It can be progressive, so if it an issue now, it may be better to take care of it sooner than later.    Best wishes!

Stephen Bresnick, MD

You have bilateral upper eyelid ptosis that is worse on the left side.

You also have a compensatory eyebrow elevation.  Surgery is needed to correct the upper eyelid ptosis.  While a personal consultation is needed to determine which of the ptosis surgeries would be best for you.  I would probably recommend an anterior levator ptosis surgery with an anchor blepharoplasty.  This crease a hard crease and supports the upper eyelid lashes which are also ptotic.  Surgery should be performed under intravenous sedation for the best possible result.  You need about 10 days to recover from surgery before most people will be unaware that you just had a procedure.

Drooping eyelid and raised eyebrow

When I see a patient who has a drooping eyelid and a raised eyebrow on the same side, I think about eyelid ptosis. Due to a weakness in the support of your upper eyelid, it begins to droop. To compensate, your forehead pulls on your eyebrow to lift your drooping eyelid.

You'll need an examination by an oculoplastic surgeon who can confirm your ptosis and recommend a treatment plan (surgical repair). With improvement of your ptosis, your eyebrow should return to a normal position. I refer to my oculoplastic colleagues for ptosis to get the safest and best result for my patients. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon