I'm 37, male from Los Angeles, thin and athletic, but I have a second chin and a weak jawline. Would filler help? (Photo)

I would very much like to have greater separation between the underside of my jaw and my neck. My face looks tired and droopy in pictures, as I'm sure it does to other people. I would be more interested in injectables, if that were an option, so please let me know. Thank you.

Weak Jawline

If you want to have a more defined jawline, you need can have some liposuction under the chin, and add some Juvederm Voluma along the jawline, to enhance that area. The results from Voluma are natural and usually last for about 18 months.

Weak Chin and Strengthening of Facial Features

Fillers are helpful though offer temporary improvement.  Your photos show flattening of your cheekbones and if you receive fillers this area should be included.  Once you have "tested" the change with fillers I think you should consider liposuction under your chin and a chin implant to enhance your lower facial strength.  The potential for imrovement and refining of your features is quite good.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Male Facial/Jawline Contouring -- Avoid Implants, Get Bellafill or Radiesse with Sculptra By Cannula Injection

I suggest you go to a facial contouring expert who specializes in fillers and fat transfer for male facial defining. Cannula injections limit side effects and give meticulous contouring. I have patients travel from all over the world for this. Do not compromise your care for cost or distance. Best, Dr. Emer.

Weak chin with submental fat etc.

In addition to your weak chin you have depressions and volume loss over your cheeks. This can be filled with Voluma or cheek implants.  A chin implant with submental liposuction will give you very nice results that you were looking for.

I'm 37, male from Los Angeles, thin and athletic, but I have a second chin and a weak jawline. Would filler help?

Hi, based upon the attached photos the cheeks are flat and there is a slight excess of facial fat in the lower face and under the chin.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler (I prefer Perlane) or using  cheek implants can add angularity to the face which is perceived as ruggedly handsome.  Fat can be removed from the face and below the chin with micro-liposuction to further thin and shape the face and neck.  Finally, the mandibular angle can be augmented using a dermal filler (I prefer Radiesse) that adds angularity and an added degree of jaw line flare.  Hope this helps. 

2nd Chin and Weak Jawline

Liposuction under your chin and the side of your neck will improve your neckline. It is difficult to evaluate chin projection in these pictures' Fat or filler injections should be considered to contour what appears to be hallowness of the mid-cheeks. 

Jaw line filler

Yes, fillers are actually a great option to smooth the jaw line. The fillers can last about 2 years with effective result.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy face

You have several options.  Some fillers higher up near the cheek bones could help a little (Voluma).  A Thermage treatment will help to non-invasively lift and tighten the facial skin.  Also, a fat-dissolver injection under the chin could help with the neck angle.  Liposuction under the chin, however, would be best.  Seek out an opinion with a board-certified surgeon.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Great candidate for non-surgicals!

The good news is that you have a lot of options! You can certainly inject filler to your chin to make it more pronounced. This will last about a year or so before you will need more filler, depending on the type of filler used. 
You may want to explore the new Kybella, which melts fat via injection of medication to your "double chin". There is temporary swelling that comes with this, but the results should be fairly permanent. 
The other non-surgical option for you that I would suggest is Ultherapy, which we can use to not only melt the fatty tissue under your chin, but also tighten skin and soft tissue virtually anywhere. 
See a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for an in person consultation and advice. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon