I'm a 23 year old male with angry looking eyebrows. Can I get a brow lift to change this? (Photo)

Hi my eyebrows r prototypical "angry-shape eyebrows" most seeable on 3/4 view. They make my face look mean-looking or angry imo. I seem to have overactive corrigi muscles, you can kinda see the outlines of these "bumps" on my forehead. When I take 2 fingers & pull the inside of my eyebrows up, it opens up my face & makes it look much better. Is this doable? About how much would it cost in SoCal? (Also plz ignore change in face looks: dif lighting really alters camera facial effects on my face)

Lifting Eyebrows

Botox can be used to lift your brows to modify there position and soften your appearance. Alternatives are upper blepharoplasty or an eyebrow lift. A brow lift can make you look less “angry”. It is difficult to give specific advise without an assessment in person and discussion of expectations from surgery. I suggest consulting with a facial plastic surgery to undergo an assessment, discuss your expectations and develop a plan that is most suitable for you.

Brow Lift

Hello and thank you for your question. An eyebrow lift is commonly acquired by patients in the 40-60 age range to minimize the visible effects of aging. It helps to lift the eyebrows instead of "straightening" the eyebrows that you are asking about. I would possibly suggest botox, but I think your eyebrows are great and you should not be concerned with an eyebrow lift surgery. I wish you the best of luck

Peter Newen, MD

You've Got The Right Answer

A brow lift should solve your problem. I have not seen Botox alone produce the elevation of your inner eyebrow that you are seeking. Fewer wrinkles, Yes. Brow elevation to that degree, No.As far as the type of brow lift is concerned, I doubt that an endoscopic brow lift will hold up well and that it will give you the elevation of the brow you desire. On the other hand a lift done with an incision skillfully placed just inside the hairline should do the trick. It will hide the scar and prevent any additional elevation of your hairline.

George Sanders, MD

23 year old male with angry looking eyebrows!

A brow lift can certainly produce a dramatic improvement to the area of your concern. I suggest that you try a Botox or Dysport treatment to the muscles involved to evaluate the results first. Results should last about three months. You can always do the much more aggressive surgery treatment later.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Angry Look

I would recommend getting botox into the corrugator and procerus muscle which creates the angry look.  This will soften your appearance and prevent you for making the "angry look".  The injections are quick with minimal pain and if you don't like the results, it will go away in 3-4 months anyways.Best of luck and hope this information helps!- Dr. Roger Tsai

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Angry Look Secondary to Brow Position

A limited brow lift can be done to elevate the central portion of your brows and  eliminate the angry look. I suggest you consider using  the Irregular Trichophytjc Technique that we described many yars ago to lift the brows and avoid lifting your hairline while hiding the incision in the frontal hair.

Elevating the inner brow

Try treating the frown muscles with Botox first, this can elevate the inner portion of the brows sufficiently. Alternatively the inner brows can be permanently elevated via an endoscopic forehead lift. In fact the inner brows elevate most easily compared to the outer brows. The procedure can be easily modified to leave the outer brows alone.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chemical brow lift using Botox

Consider chemical brow lift (using Botox) rather than surgery which is more invasive and possible risks and surgical appearance. You are too young.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Solution for angry appearance due to brow furrowing

Botox is often an excellent solution for patient who have a 'perpetual frown', especially for younger patients who may not yet be candidates for surgery, or for who surgery will not produce the best result.

Brent Moelleken, MD

ENDOSCOPIC BROWLIFT

Yes this procedure can be performed to help elevate the brows and remove the "angry look." You may want to try botox first and see if this is a change you like and then later you can proceed with surgery. See some examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD