Five months since endoscopic forehead lift; still numb on crown and top of scalp?

five months since endoscopic forehead lift. No numbness of forehead, still numb on crown and top of scalp. Some times mostly in the evening a sharp tingling the only way I can describe it. I am worried that after 5 months my top scalp is still numb.

Numbness after Brow Lift

Numbness of the scalp and forehead along with burning or itchy sensations can occur after Endoscopic Brow Lift. It is usually temporary, but can take one year to resolve. Be patient.

Numbness after Browlift

The crown and the top of the scalp are the last areas to regain feeling.  The tingling is a good sign of nerve regeneration.  Pls give it more time and maintain close followup with your surgeon.  All the best!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon

Numbness

The tingling is a good thing, lets you know the nerves are still there are somewhat working. Sensory nerves don't like to be looked at, messed with or touched, however we often have to during procedures in order to make sure we don't cut them. I am sure your surgeon explained to you, the numbness should be getting progressively better, nerves are not like a light switch, they get better slowly over time. Being only 5 months out, your sensory nerves can take up to a year to recover. Once you hit around the 12 month mark post-op, thats probably as good as its going to get. Hopefully things continue to improve.

Scalp numbness

Your numbness is not normal but it is not unusual after and endoscopic browlift.  Occasionally, a small nerve branch will be injured with the surgery.  Itchiness and the sharp tingling are signs that the nerve is growing back.  Massage and combing the hair stimulate the nerve regrowth.

George Orloff, MD, FACS
Burbank Plastic Surgeon