I have a sloping forehead, low brows, excess eyelid skin. Would a forehead Reduction, Brow Lift, or Blepharoplasty help? (photo)

Hello, I have a sloping forehead, low brows, and excess eyelid skin. My goal would be to reduce the slope of my forehead by moving my hairline foreward, create a more arched brow, and reduce the excess skin on my upper lid. I've had one consultation who suggested only the upper eyelid surgery, but I'm afraid that won't resolve my large, sloping forehead and brow shape.

High Forehead

Hi there.  Can you send a frontal view (straight ahead) - w/o looking down.  You are young and I understand your issues but to do the right thing better photos are needed or see a qualified specialist.  From the photo I am not sure you need lid surgery.  As you stated it will not address your main concerns  Best

Dr. Massry

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

I have a sloping forehead, low brows, excess eyelid skin. Would a forehead Reduction, Brow Lift, or Blepharoplasty help?

Thanks for your question.
Forehead reduction can do the following;
-reduce the excess skin of the forehead
-elevate the eyebrows
-improve the appearance of the upper eyelid skin
-create a more attractive proportions of the face
Dr Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Forehead Reduction

I agree with you that the single thing that could improve your appearance would be a forehead skin reduction, performed by advancing the hair-bearing scalp downward towards the brows, with excision of the non hair bearing scalp. Scalp laxity will determine the amount of correction possible.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Forehead, Brow and upper eyelid balance

Hello Edahl874-

You do appear young and have beautiful contours of your upper face. It may just be the wide-angle photograph, but if your hairline is high, you can consider wearing it proudly:), changing your hairstyle and/or consider a hairline advancement of your anterior hairline. Your eyebrows appear to be in perfect position and the shape can be altered with eyebrow shaping and even botox. Your eyelid have a little extra skin which can be technically removed, but at you might wait until a bit older. 

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

A hairline lowering browlift could possibly be the answer for you. Often it can be done in a one step process along with upper blepharoplasty. Your inherent scalp laxity is a determining factor for you to be a good candidate for this. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

High brow and eyebrows

There are indeed brow lifts that would lower your brow, and some versions of them are minimally detectable to non detectable.

However brow lifts elevate the brows; how much higher do you want your brows to be?  They already look quite high.

Many patients simply wear a different hair style that suits their hairline.  Hair transplantation is another alternative that is relatively easy to do.

Definitely consult with some reputable surgeons in your area and get their thoughts.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Large forehead and low brows.

Large forehead and low brows are best treated with an Irregular Trichophytic Forehead lift. What others have said is not true about the hairline incision. We have our patients meet with patients who have had this done to see actual results. You may need a tissue expander to lower your hairline if your scalp is tight. Uauu

The photograph you provided really does not do you justice.

It also is not ideal for assessing your concerns.

At your age, I suspect that your best option will be performing upper eyelid surgery.  However, there is not substitute for an actual personal consultation to get to the bottom of what is actually needed.

One concern I have for you with a forehead lift is that you do have a long forehead lift.  This means that some forehead surgeons would try to talk you into a pretrichal forehead lift which is an open forehead lift where the incision is made along the hairline.  This is sold as a way to shorten the forehead and lower the hairline.  The truth is that it does accomplish this but at a price.  The price is that a scar is placed at the hairline.  The incision is beveled to allow hair to grow through the incision.  You will be told that this makes the scar disappear.  That is not accurate.  Even perfectly done, the hair will look compressed and abnormal.  You will be bummed out about this change.

Less is more.  I would be careful what you look for and I would encourage you to get more opinions before deciding how to proceed.

Sloping Forehead, Low Brows

The sloping you see is above the forehead, within the scalp, because you have a very high hairline. Your hairline can be lowered using a technique we described many years ago; the eyebrows can be raised at the same time which will also reduce the excess skin of the upper eyelid. 

I see no evidence of a sloping forehead on the single photo but an extremely high hairline. without extensive surgery including several months of tissue expenders you are not going to get anywhere near the hairline advancement required for facial balance. Look into hair transplants.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD