My brow line is very uneven. What would be the best way to correct this? (photo)

Uneven eyebrows from eyelid ptosis

Most common cause of uneven brows with one side higher is actually asymmetric upper eyelid ptosis (droopy upper eyelid). You likely have left upper eyelid ptosis and the left eyebrow is trying to assist raise the droopy eyelid. I can't tell from the photo as the eyes are blacked out. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

The most common cause of significant uneven brows

is uneven eyelid ptosis (droopiness). Your eyes are blurred out so it's not possible to make this determination. However, if you indeed have ptosis in your left eye, I would strongly advise against botox to the left brow - it will make the ptosis worse.

Charles S. Lee, MD

My brow line is very uneven. What is the best way to correct this?

A full set of pictures and an in-person examination is required to make a determination about what is causing the eyebrow asymmetry. In addition to asymmetrical eyelids, ptosis is an issue that can cause the eyebrows to elevate asymmetrically. Facial asymmetry can also be responsible for asymmetric brow position. Consider Botox or a surgical brow lift to improve the asymmetry. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Uneven brows

Uneven brows can be corrected using a browlift using endoscopic technique. This preserves your hairline and avoids hair loss; we stabilize your eyebrow position using a bicortical tunnes rather than introducing further fixation apparatus. Please see link below for examples.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

If you don't have lid ptosis

your asymmetry can be managed with careful placement of Botox (under the lower brow or above the higher brow) or with a unilateral browlift.  You must be seen to be evaluated for the cause of your problem and then, and only then, can a plan be implemented to address your concerns.

Curtis Wong, MD

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. Fillers and different surgical procedures, including blepharoplasty and brow lift, can address uneven eyelids. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. The in-person examination will allow you and your surgeon to address your health profile and desires. You should bring a list of questions to the consultation as well.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow asymmetry.

Based on your singular photograph, there are a few asymmetries concerning your four head and brow.  The apex of your left eyebrow is higher than your right and therefore, when an endoscopic brow lift is performed, the 1.5-2 mm difference must be accounted and factored in the surgery. Other asymmetries such as you're right temple being more hollow than the left and the inner aspects of your eyebrow  ending at different distances from  the midline need to be addressed through filler and  your aesthetician, respectively. 

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS

Uneven browline.

I would need to examine your brows in person to give a proper answer. You can try Botox on your right medial brow or a mini browlift done with the Irregular Trichophytic incision we developed which can adjust your brows without an obvious scar. 

My brow line is very uneven. What would be the best way to correct this?

Generally when we see this appearance, the high brow is compensating for upper lid ptosis but since you have covered the eyes it is not possible to make that determination. Without being able to make a diagnosis it is not possible to give you good advice. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD