Forehead hairline lowering; is it permanent?

I talked to a guy about the scalp tattoo and he said it cost 800 dollars a session and it is usually 2 or three sessions. That is where I live and I know every place is different. The thing is; is forehead hairline lowering is it permanent? What if I transplant a wig on my head? Is that better? Hair comes and goes. So I need fake hair. Understand?

Hairline lowering

Hairline lowering surgery is essentially permanent in women. In men natural hairline recession with time can expose the incision line. If this occurs hair transplants can always be done for camouflage.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Receding hairline

best treatment I have used is tissue expansion of your hair bearing skin to replace the nonhairbearing skin.  A simple advancement of the scalp maybe an alternative to the two stage procedure of scalp tissue expansion. Good luck

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

How does scalp tattooing help with high foreheads?

You can lower your forehead but how much depends on how much scalp laxity you have and what  your hair distribution is.  For men, as mentioned before, a receding hairline will expose the significant scar.  And in women, it should be camouflaged by the hair growth if done in the most meticulous way possible... and it is permanent in women and they don't have problems with hair loss down the road.

Curtis Wong, MD

Hairline advancement?

yes this is permanent. If you are a male however and you have hair loss then you will have an exposed scar. If you are female only one procedure and you are finished. The scar should not be seen because hair grows through the scar and not behind it.