Eye shape change after facial fat grafting to upper cheeks. Am I stuck with this for the rest of my life?

I am three months out from facial fat grafting to my upper cheeks and a little was placed above my cheeks near the hollows around my eyes. My eye shape has completely changed, I had beautiful eyes. Is it possible for facial fat grafting to completely change the shape of your eye permanently? Am I stuck with this for the rest of my life? This never happened when I were to gain weight in my cheeks. Also I hate the outcome, how can I get rid of the grafted fat? can I ever go back to my face pre-op?

Eye fat grafting removal

It is best to obtain in person consultation/examination. Fat grafting can be "removed" or reduced, surgically and nonsurgically. See an oculoplastic specialist for your eyes.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye Shape After Facial Fat Grafting

The final result is not evident for 6-12 months , there may be swelling. At this point I would consider venus legacy treatments.  If you are unhappy after a series of these then injections with 5FU/steroid can help.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Eye shape change after facial fat grafting

While the fat grafting actually didn't change the shape of your eye, the fullness above your cheek may be increased making the eye appear smaller.  There are ways to remove the fat, but this needs an in-person consultation for best evaluation.  I suggest discussing your concerns with your surgeon first!

Thank you for your questions and I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with your fat grafting procedure.  Fat grafting works well to put living tissue into an area that has hollowed with time. This fat will be permanent, adjusting to weight fluctuations like any other fat in your body.  As far as the eyes, fat grafting can adjust hollowness and contours of the surrounding tissues, but doesn't really change the shape of your eye.  The fat that was grafted is permanent, but liposuction can be used to get of this fat.  I would recommend you speak with your operative surgeon and voice your concerns about your appearance to find a resolution.