Is Lyrica considerd a blood thinner?

Hello, im having a liposuction/ fat transfer/body sculpting in a week, and ive been taking lyrica on and off for about 2 years. Like every procedure, aspirin and bloodthinners should be avoided 10 days before the surgery. If I'm off of lyrica for a week before my surgery is that ok? I'm abit nervous and paranoid, i dont want any dangerous risks or effects.

Is Lyrica considerd a blood thinner?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. Lyrica is provided to help considerable relief of diabetic neuropathic pain. If you have diabetes accompanied with burning shooting pain and tingling in the feet and hands, tell your doctor because it could be damaged nerves that cause pain. Neuropathic pain is a different kind of singular pain of other types of pain, such as headache, sprained ankle or arthritis. One type of pain caused by nerves called diabetic neuropathic pain (peripheral neuropathy painful diabetic) and may benefit from specific treatment.

Liposuction - is lyrica ok to take?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Yours is a very good question -
  • Lyrica is not a blood thinner but it can reduce platelets which help stop bleeding.
  • Let your surgeon know that you are taking Lyrica -
  • If you were my patient, I would want to check your platelet count and get a few other tests before surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS