My coolsculpting session was cut short 3 minutes before the 1 hour session ended. Will this affect my results?

When the technician accidentally knocked the applicator from my flank, my coolsculpting session ended 3 minutes too early, before the full hour was completed. Will this affect my results? Thank you

Thank you for your question. Three minutes should not make a difference. If you are concerned, please speak with your chosen provider. 

Shortened cycle of CoolSculpting

Hello and thank you for reaching out. Shortening the CoolSculpting cycle by 3 minutes should not harm any of your results from your treatments. As long as there is 50 minutes worth of treatment to the area, your results should remain unharmed. Best Wishes. 

CoolSculpting Time

Ending the treatment 3 minutes early should not affect your results.  As long as you finished 50 minutes of the 60 minute cycle, you have nothing to worry about.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

CS treatment still effective

I have added a link that might be helpflul...

Hi mjanna.  Based on the mechanism of action, 3 minutes short out of 60 min is not enough to lead to a significant limitation in your outcome.  There are now faster 35 minute applicators, and a treatment interruption or limitation of any sort would likely cause an issue.  Hope you like your results!

Accidental stop of treatment 3 min before Coolsculpting was done

The good news is that with the older one hour cycle, the last five minutes were only massage which you should get manually for 2 minutes by a technician after your treatment.  With the new cooladvantage 35min treatment, there is no massage but finishing 3 minutes early  definitely will not affect your result!

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Stopping your coolsculpting treatment 3 minutes before the end of the cycle will not effect your results.  The first 50 minutes of your treatment is the therapeutic part of Coolsculpting.  Hope this helps.

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting Treatment Cut Short

Hello mjanna. With the older CoolSculpting applicators the treatment is one hour long. 50 minutes is actually freezing time and the last 10 minutes are massage time done by the machine. Your treatment ended during the massage segment and this should not affect your results. The new CoolAdvantage applicator cuts the treatment time down to 35 minutes without any massage time. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

The 3 minutes too early will be ok. It will not affect your results. The results are not immediate and you will take within 1-3 months to notice. 

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. 

The applicator being cut off 3 minutes early will not affect your results.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting Cut Short

This amount of time shouldn't effect your end result. I usually recommend  Coolscupting in combination with radiofrequency treatments such as Vanquish, Venus Legacy or Exilis with Z wave/Cellutone in order to maximize results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer