Breast implants: Is 650 CC high profile, under the muscle too large and ridiculous? (photos)

Hi there! I've had 2 surgery consultations for breast augmentation, and both surgeons have suggested very large implants. I am transgender, so I have a somewhat wider frame than most girls, I'm 6'2, 150lbs, currently a 34 A cup. My surgeon wants to do 650cc, high profile, under the muscle. The digital approximation looks good to me (see photos), but other girls with slightly wider frames have told me that they did 450ccs and even that is pretty large.

Breast implants: Is 650 CC high profile, under the muscle too large and ridiculous?

My concern with that size implant is that it is unlikely to stay under the muscle forever due to its large size and the muscle applying pressure on it in a downward and out fashion. I think you should re-consult with the surgeon and express to them your concerns.

Larger implants tend to be more reasonable in taller patients, wider patients, and transgender patients.

Breast Implants

Thank you for your question about breast implants.

The answer to your question depends largely on your breast base width diameter.  It is not uncommon to use 600 cc + breast implants in women 6 feet and taller.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Placement of a large implant under the male pec muscle can be challenging in patients with good physique however taller woman can go to 600cc

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon