Is it dangerous to play paint ball with silicone implants under the muscle?

I had breast implants done 18 months ago. The implants are silicone and are under the pectoral muscle. I have been given a paint balling ticket as a gift and am a bit worried that if I get shot in the chest it could rupture the implant, which will obviously cause pretty big problems. Does anyone have any advice on this? Is getting shot by a paint ball likely to cause a rupture?

Paintballing after Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. I would recommend staying away from that activity while in the recovery process. However, when you are completely healed up you should be fine. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeonHoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Paint Ball after Breast Augmentation

If you are completely healed and doing well then go for it.  If you took a hit to the breast you could get a pretty good bruise, but the implant should be just fine.  Have fun!

Breast Implants | Paint Ball

Thank you for your question about breast implants.

Aside from wearing the usual protective gear, no additional precautions should be necessary.

To be sure, verify this by calling your plastic surgeon's office for clearance.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

18 months after breast augmentation

After you are healed from a breast augmentation, you should be able to do ANYTHING you would have done without them.  I say - go have fun!

Paintball and implants

At 18 months your implants should be pretty stable. Wear protective gear on your chest so that if you get struck in your chest hopefully the gear will absorb the blow. Best of luck.

As long as you wear the proper protective vest and clothing, you should be fine playing paintball.

Generally speaking, it would take a lot of force to damage breast implants. My suggestion: have fun with the paintball game but wear a protective vest. Best wishes.

Breast Implants and Activities

Greetings. You should wear protective gear in general for overall safety. Physical activity would be acceptable.  However, getting hit with a paintball could have unexpected consequences.  Be safe and wear protective gear and minimize any risks.  Best wishes.

Ravinder Jarial, DO

Activity at 18 months

Paint ball is not the safest sport/ game. You are taking a risk unless you are wearing protective clothes.  There is no way to know if you get hit in the chest if your implants will rupture.  How hard you are hit and the angle will have to be considered.  I would avoid this.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

The real question should be - is it dangerous to play paint ball, period?  As with any sport where there are high velocity objects - be careful!   Be sure to wear the normal protective outfit for the sport and make certain your protective gear fits properly.  If you follow the correct safety precautions, you should be able to play without injuring yourself or damaging your implants.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon