Botox: How many units needed for 11 lines for young patients? (photos)

Hi, i have two questions: 1. I quite often catch myself that I have worried or "angry" look, just when I am thinking about something. I do not have any wrinkles ( I am 28) and I just want to relax the area between brows and possibly get rid of frowning habit. How many units do I need for this procedure? 2. My right brow is higher than left due to my mimic (pic), how many Botox units needed to even out them by relaxing muscles that pull my left brow down? Thank you!

15-20

15 to 20 units has a good effect. I tend to use 20 units and it works the best in my hands. Each doctor has slightly different preferences.

Denver Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for Glabella Frowning

When you are young 15 to 20 Units of Botox should be sufficient to have a great result in this area.  Please consult an experienced board certified dermatologist who specializes in cosmetic dermatology for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Treatment of the Forehead and Brow with Botox

For treating the 11 lines, I generally place four units of Botox in each of the four slips of corrugator muscle. As Botox is a paralytic agent, I can paralyze the muscles that can depress the brow, but recommend against paralyzing the muscles that help lift the brow. That said, if your brows are uneven, it would be better to lift the lower brow rather than try to depress the high brow. This can be accomplished with a another 4 to 8 units of Botox. 

F. True Lansden, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Frown

A qualified injector will assess your muscle movement and discuss your desired results with you before injecting. You could begin with a conservative amount, 10-15 units and measure results a week later for adjustment if needed.

All the best

Botox for frown line

Hello 

Thanks for your inquiry. A picture of you frowning would help to better answer your question. Considering it would be your first time getting injected you can start off with 15-20 units. Typically it can range between 20-25 units depending on the strength of the muscles in the glabella (frown line area). These numbers are only estimates and this does not substitute a live consult with a certified experienced injector. 

Best regards

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox to 11 Lines and Units

I typically do 16-25 units to start and it depends if we are trying to do a small amount of brow lifting.  I suggest you see an expert who does a lot of younger patients and can develop a long term relationship with you.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox for the 11's

Depending on the strength of these muscles you could need anywhere from 20-30 units for the 11's and for the brow. it could be anywhere from 4-12 depending on the area's strength. I hope this helps. 

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Botox for 11 lines

I typically inject 20-25 units for the glabella (11 lines) depending on the strength of the muscles being treated and how deep the wrinkles are.  In the office, we are able to determine what dose is best.  Usually, I'll start conservatively in a patient who has never been injected before because we can always do more later if it doesn't achieve the look you desire.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox dosing

Hi! The typical dose for the "11s" is typically 20-30 units but it really depends on how strong or prominent those muscles are.  Botox in the forehead to raise or lower or even your eyebrows is a little bit more of an art. In order to even your eyebrows, it is important to determine which one you like better and make sure your physician understands the look you are going for. it can be a matter of raising one side or lowering the other.  Sometimes it can require a refinement about a week or two after your initial injections to get it just right. Treating the forehead and adjusting eyebrows would typically be another 10-15 units but again depends on your anatomy. I hope that this answer helps you!

Botox: How many units needed for 11 lines for young patients?

Hi, this is quite a common procedure using Botox, Xeomin or Dysport to prevent wrinkles in the forehead and glabella (11's).  We typically use between 25 and 35 units for this area depending on the size of the forehead area treated.  It's key to have follow up treatments at set intervals to continue muscle weakening = lack of wrinkle occurrence.