Botox injection right after IPL?

Hello. Can I have Botox injection to my masseter muscle right after IPL treatment? Thanks!

Botox and IPL

It is not a problem to receive a botox injection after an IPL treatment.  The botox is injected into a deeper layer than that treated with the laser. As always, these treatments are best performed by an experienced practitioner.  Hope this is helpful.

Scottsdale Urologist

Botox and IPL?

Hello, and thanks for your question. You could have Botox and IPL on the same day. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox injections can be done the same day as many other treatments.

Botox injections don't interfere with or are interfered by most other facial treatments so they can be done the same day very easily.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox injection after IPL

Yes, you can get the Botox injection immediately after the IPL treatment. The IPL is limited to superficial layers of your skin. Botox is injected much deeper into the muscle so there will not be any interaction between the two.

Botox , Laser, Fillers --- CAN ALL BE DONE SAME DAY

Lasers and fillers/Botox can be done on the same day. I suggest seeing an expert to determine what is best for you individual case.  Best, Dr. Emer

Botox injection and IPL

It is generally preferable to do the deep injection through untraumatized skin that through skin traumatized by the IPL treatment, but there is nothing inherently wrong either way.

Botox after IPL is safe

Yes, you can have a Botox treatment immediately after an IPL. There shouldn't be any risk in doing so.
Andrew Campbell, M.D. Facial Plastic Specialist Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

IPL and Botox on the same day

Thank you for your question kathwang123. Botox is a great treatment to slim the face when injected into the masseter muscle. IPL photofacial treatment work well to correct sun damage. There have been no studies testing the safety and efficacy of Botox when performed on the same day as an IPL photofacial treatment. So unfortunately we do not know the answer to this question. IPL treatments can generate heat in the skin and heat may lead to movement of Botox, which may lead to side effects. Since I have never tested this, I recommend my patients wait one week between a Botox treatment and an IPL photofacial treatment. However I know many colleagues who are comfortable performing both treatments on the same day. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Masseter and IPL Same Day

Hi Kathwang.  Yes, these two treatments are no problem on the same day. We usually offer the laser treatment first and then inject second.  Because one is at the surface of the skin and one at the muscle level, they do not conflict.  
For photos of masseter reduction in Los Angeles, click on the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Combining treatments

Combining a neuromodulator like Botox and a superficial energy-based treatment like IPL on the same day or even the same treatment would be just fine. 
For shaping of the masseter muscle, make sure your injector is an expert in experienced with this type of facial shaping. 
To ensure you are receiving the highest level of care, seek out a modernly trained, new-school dermatologic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is board certified and fellowship trained in one of these "core four" cosmetic specialties.
Cameron Chesnut
#realself500 Physician

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon