BBL in Mexico or California?

So I've been looking around at a lot of different doctors here in California and in Tijuana and there's not really a big price gap, would it be safer to just stay in town or try out of state?

Having Surgery In Mexico Versus California

Thank you for your question. If you have found the price gap to be similar in your hometown of Los Angeles and in Tijuana for a BBL, why are you even thinking of going out of town? People from all over the world come to Beverly Hills/ Los Angeles for plastic surgery because of the high quality of work and care found here. Having the surgery is only the beginning. The recovery is a collaboration between patient and doctor in order to get the best results, especially for a butt lift.There are follow up visits that are needed to not only check on your healing, but also to give you instructions on care, discuss your activities, and review expectations. Traveling back and forth to Mexico for these follow up visits will obviously incur more expenses than staying in town.I would also recommend that you review the standards of care for surgical facilities and surgical staff in Los Angeles and Tijuana. They are not exactly the same, so even if you have the same surgeon, you will be safer having surgery in California.Best of luck!

Tijuana or Mexico

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. ....I think almost regardless of context, the answer to that questions (TJ vs Cali) it is better to stay in Cali.
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Traveling For Cosmetic Surgery?

Thank you for your question!  I would not recommend going out of the country for plastic surgery, even if its cheaper.  Remember cheaper is not always better and you get what you pay for.  I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation and look into different financing options.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicago Hoffman EstatesOak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

BBL cost

Price varies from one PS to the next:
What matters is
The Plastic surgeon  (board certified, experience etc..)
His working environment (surgical hospital  or accredited office surgical facility)
The areas covered by lipo.  The quality of the liposuction (Be careful a lower quote may lead to fewer areas and/or less aggressive lipo.

BBL in Mexico or California?

Having surgery in Beverly Hills implies that the surgeon has to comply with safety measures and standard of care according to the community and state regulations. You will have to find out what are the standards in Mexico. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Surgery abroad

You will need to go for follow up appointments, so if you don't mind driving to Mexico for your post operative visits then you may consider it. Keep in mind the standards and accountability for medical care are much higher in the United States, so good luck.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

California vesus Mexico

Why would you risk having a procedure done in Mexico where you have absolutely no rights and no medical safety to fall back on god forbid something goes wrong?

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Traveling to Mexico for cosmetic surgery

While there are talented doctors in every country Mexico's standards are quite different in the United States. The United States has what's considered the highest medical quality care in the world. I would take advantage of living in a country that offers the highest quality medical care in the world. When I travel to Mexico I worry simply about drinking the water. I would never consider having elective cosmetic surgery in a developing country. I have personally taken care of numerous patients with massive complications coming across the border. I've called their doctors in Mexico who refuse to return phone calls. I've also seen numerous patients have complications or the doctors refused to take care of the complications unless they pay more money. This includes the need for hospitalizations and blood transfusions which were refused unless patients had cash on hand. Many patients that other countries and have successful procedure is done but for those who have something go arrive there in the trouble. I would definitely have medical insurance and hopefully international medical coverage before embarking on this type of adventure. Considering that cosmetic surgery has the longest lasting investment you'll ever make. Much longer lasting than any car and probably house you will ever own this is one not to skimp on. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a physician who is a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area and can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon